Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

First TN elk hunts????

Old 10-19-2006, 08:27 AM
Typical Buck

Default First TN elk hunts????

I heard on the news the other day that the twra is considering in starting elk hunts.Now i want to hunt elk just as bad as the next person but i think that it is entirly to early to start hunting them.I understand that there will only be a very limited amount of tags that they offer,but still i think that if they are doing well they should let them be for at least a few more years.Well that is my 2 cents and i was wanting to hear you guys opinions about it.
Old 10-22-2006, 05:19 AM

Default RE: First TN elk hunts????

TWRA was considering only 5 tags for 2007 elk hunt, but I agree with you I think this is still way to early.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:20 AM
Typical Buck

i believe that they are having a public meeting to hear what the public has to say about it at the cove lake state park oct 26 at 7 pm.i am thinking of going and put my 2 cents in.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

They probably figure taking out 5 bulls won't hurt the herd population and that the extreme high prices per tag will go a long ways to helping manage the overall herd.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:50 AM

I heard that they would take a census to see if the population of the herd would be able to sustain the loss of 5 bulls. They said it would have to be over 150-200 anything less and they would'nt have a hunt. The license will probally be outrages given the trend with the TWRA and the increaese in license cost over the last year.If they do have a hunt could you imagine being the lucky soul who would be the first person to hunt and kill an elk in TN in over 200 years.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:40 PM
Typical Buck

I know what u mean bigorange i would probly crap myself if i got drawn.like i said in my first post on this topic if they do have a hunt i will put and application in for it.