Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

VA License Increase/Sunday Hunting Update

Old 06-01-2006, 12:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default VA License Increase/Sunday Hunting Update

Was watching my local 11 pm news and they stated the increased license fee proposal would be voted on June 20th and since there had not been an increase since 1998it would more than likely pass.

They also statedthe VDGIF was receiving a lot of correspondencein favor ofSunday hunting, especially now thatlicense fees will most likely be increasing. The Director of the VDGIF stated thata survey was conducted in 2000 and a majority of Virginian's did notsupport Sunday hunting. However, he feltthat it was time for another survey. Maybe there is some light at the end of the tunnel.
Old 06-03-2006, 11:25 AM

Default RE: VA License Increase/Sunday Hunting Update

I'd support Sunday hunting if proposed, for sure.
Old 06-03-2006, 01:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

Seems like there would be a lot of hunters that aren't able to hunt except on Sunday due to work and other considerations.
Old 06-03-2006, 02:48 PM
Spike

Yano, funny how they need to do another survey for Sunday Hunting, but yet none is needed / done for the License increase ain't it ??
Old 06-03-2006, 04:08 PM
Typical Buck

if they put out a survey or whatever on Sunday hunting, be sure to let us know here
Old 06-03-2006, 05:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: VAhuntr

Was watching my local 11 pm news and they stated the increased license fee proposal would be voted on June 20th and since there had not been an increase since 1998it would more than likely pass.

They also statedthe VDGIF was receiving a lot of correspondencein favor ofSunday hunting, especially now thatlicense fees will most likely be increasing. The Director of the VDGIF stated thata survey was conducted in 2000 and a majority of Virginian's did notsupport Sunday hunting. However, he feltthat it was time for another survey. Maybe there is some light at the end of the tunnel.
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Perhaps my letters, and newspaper publications have finally gotten through to some.

For those who don't know, I made a name for myself... I got parts my letters published in the Richmond Times-Dispatch, the Roanoke Times, and the Fredericksburg Freelance Star. The squeaky wheel gets the grease as the saying goes....

Let's all hope that Sunday hunting will come to Virginia!!!!!

Old 06-03-2006, 05:27 PM
Spike

Yano, I'm wondering just what sort of "name" that was ?? ... lmao

You and "Miss Winston", gunna be attending the meeting later this month where they have more public input and then vote of the increase ??

Old 06-03-2006, 05:41 PM

I wish they would only allow people who hunt to vote!!!! Then it would be a landslide for Sunday hunting!
Old 06-03-2006, 06:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: yano

Yano, I'm wondering just what sort of "name" that was ?? ... lmao

You and "Miss Winston", gunna be attending the meeting later this month where they have more public input and then vote of the increase ??

Yano, are you who I think you are?

Old 06-03-2006, 07:29 PM
Spike

Well, I sure a he|| hain't "Miss Daytona" !!

Quick Reply: VA License Increase/Sunday Hunting Update

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.