Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

VA License Increase/Sunday Hunting Update

Old 06-08-2006, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: VA License Increase/Sunday Hunting Update

original: VA HEAD HUNTER
who cares what organizations are against or for it. the niddy gritty of the whole thing is that they dont have to justify increases with allowing sunday hunting. they know that we will pay the price to hunt nomatter what they raise it to. and they have been blowin smoke up our a#$es for too long about this subject. this is a commonwealth state and is not about to change anything especially when they have nothing to loose. noone is going to say im not hunting anymore cause they raised the price of a license by 5 bucks and wont allow me to hunt on sundays.
You are probably right about theVA realising rate increases or lack of Sunday hunting will not cause many hunters to stop hunting. However, you should care what the different organizations stand for, whether they are hunting related or not. If for no other reason, atleast you will have the knowledge of what they stand for. Many bills, laws, regulations, etc., etc., get passed every year becauseso manyare ignorant of what is happening around them.

Old 06-08-2006, 09:36 PM

oh dont get me wrong i do care. i just meant that no matter whos for it or against it its not going to change. id love to see it change. if anything we need sunday hunting around here just to thin out the deer. on my farm our numbers are crazy and we have been taking about 30 deer a season on average.
Old 06-09-2006, 04:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry if I misunderstood you. My whole point of posting the original post was to point out the following:

1. The VDGIF will almost definately raise the license fee(who did'nt already know that?)
2. They claim they will send out a new survey concerning hunting on Sundays.
3. They claim in the past the majority of hunters in VA do not support it.
4. Just to let people know to be watching and listening for any news.

It will be interesting to see if the survey actually happens and what the results will be. If a majority of VA hunters support hunting on Sundays, will the VDGIF go to bat for us with the General Assembly? Without the backing of the VDGIF we will never have Sunday hunting IMO.
Old 06-09-2006, 06:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: VAhuntr
3. They claim in the past the majority of hunters in VA do not support it.
Yeah.... That's what I heard too. I mean, come on man... Name me ONE hunter in Virginia who supports the Sunday hunting ban!!!

Without the backing of the VDGIF we will never have Sunday hunting IMO.
BINGO!! That right there says it all. We desperately need both the VDGIF and the VA Farm Bureau to support Sunday hunting, before the General Assembly will even think of allowing it to pass.
Old 06-09-2006, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

original: ButchA
Yeah.... That's what I heard too. I mean, come on man... Name me ONE hunter in Virginia who supports the Sunday hunting ban!!!
Unfortunately I know several who do not support hunting on Sundays. These are alsothe same people who will not shoot a doe, but have no problems shooting a spike[:@].
Old 06-11-2006, 08:58 PM

we need sunday hunting here in fauqier county cause the numbers are out of control and more cars are getting the deer then hunters it seems. out on rt 17 all you see are deer carcases scattered all over the place
Old 06-12-2006, 12:19 PM
Typical Buck

I e-mailed the DGIF last week and haven't gotten a responce yet about the Sunday hunting survey
Old 06-14-2006, 07:54 AM
Fork Horn

im glad to see that VBA has changed ther position on sunday hunting. i quit the vba in the late 80's becuase they voted NO to sunday hunting.

i really dont see what the big deal is. i really would like the option of hunting on sunday. it does not mean that i will hunt every sunday-i just want an option. how many saturdays did we have that were either pouring rain or hot only to have a front move thru saturday night and sunday's weather was perfect?

i would at least be in favor having sundays open for the first week of each of the seasons.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

I've lived in 5 different states and none of them banned Sunday hunting. I've had people try to explain the reason for it, but it seems to me that its only actual basis is religious.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:40 PM

well its all about change or the lack of change. its alot easier for a state which allows it to ban it then it is for a state that doesnt allow it to allow it. i dont think it will change for a while. its one of those old laws on the books that looks like its going to be around for awhile longer. there is always going to be more people against it then for it

Quick Reply: VA License Increase/Sunday Hunting Update

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.