Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

VA License Increase/Sunday Hunting Update

Old 06-03-2006, 07:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: VA License Increase/Sunday Hunting Update

LOL!!! I kinda figured.... How ya doing?!?

Old 06-03-2006, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Has anyone ever gotten one of the VDGIF's surveys? I have gotten one in 25 years of hunting. One would think thatmost peoplewould atleastsupport having the option to hunt on Sundays. You would be suprised at the number of deer hunters who actually oppose hunting on Sundays. Hopefully thislicense feeincrease that is looming will open the eyes of some of the harder headed hunters.
Old 06-04-2006, 12:34 AM
Spike

Nada, no survey ever recieved here either.

The things that irk me almost as much if not morethen the lack of the VDGIF's lack of support (I realize the the legislator must vote it in, but the VDGIF could be behind us and support it) for Sunday Hunting, is ..

The fact they went out and bought additional land in the not too distant past, knowing full well that their financial picture wasn't good ... no very smart or sound business practice in my book !!!

Wosre than that, is they are apparently to skeered to hold district meetings in each of the 11 districts to meet face to face with their customers (us) to present and discuss the proposed increases. Instead they want us to either submit our comments (which I did) or for us to hoof it all the way to Richmond on our nickle. I don't think it's asking too much for District meetings to meet us face to face, do you ?

Although I actually support the license increase, the lack of Sunday Hunting and the two items above, really pizz me of to no end !!!!!!
Old 06-04-2006, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I guess we will see how it plays out. Does anyone know what the VA Bowhunters Assoc. and VA Deerhunters Assoc stance is on these issues?
Old 06-04-2006, 08:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: yano
The fact they went out and bought additional land in the not too distant past, knowing full well that their financial picture wasn't good ... no very smart or sound business practice in my book !!!

Worse than that, is they are apparently to skeered to hold district meetings in each of the 11 districts to meet face to face with their customers (us) to present and discuss the proposed increases. Instead they want us to either submit our comments (which I did) or for us to hoof it all the way to Richmond on our nickle. I don't think it's asking too much for District meetings to meet us face to face, do you ?

Although I actually support the license increase, the lack of Sunday Hunting and the two items above, really pizz me of to no end !!!!!!
You said it, yano!!!!

I would guess they wouldn't want to have a sit down, face to face, meeting with me, after all the rucus I caused!!!!

Then again, after all the scathing letters, emails, and newspaper articles that I sent in, the VDGIF and all the district members would probably end up doing this to me:

Old 06-04-2006, 08:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: VAhuntr

I guess we will see how it plays out. Does anyone know what the VA Bowhunters Assoc. and VA Deerhunters Assoc stance is on these issues?
VAhuntr, the VDHA are the worst of the bunch. They are absolutely, totally, 100%, AGAINST hunting on a Sunday!!! [:@]

Old 06-04-2006, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I kinda figured that....not sure what the stance of the Bowhunters Assoc. is....I know the Bowhunters Assoc.has some good information about the licence increase on their website....under the heading "News".

http://www.geocities.com/~vbarchers/
Old 06-04-2006, 08:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think the VBA is FOR hunting on Sunday. I recognized some of the names of the members on their site and remember reading some quote from them in a newspaper where they voiced their opinion, and also from that petition website that that guy named Darrell did.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

We all need to let everyone know to be expecting one of these surveys some time or the other. Lets all post here if we or someone we know gets one. It will be interesting to see ifthis surveyhappens.

I mentioned in my earlier post that I had only received one survey but my wife reminded me of the one I got last year. For those who have never seen or received one of these, they can be pretty in depth. The 1st one I received was probably 3 or 4 years ago. I was skeptical at first because itseemed like many of the questions were asking about the deer and any other big gameyou had taken the year before. I actually had to go back to my check in cards to give them the info they were asking. The rest of thesurvey asked a few questions about crossbows and small game hunting.

The survey last year was more of a logbook. I was asked to write down the days I hunted, what I saw, when I saw it,# of mature bucks, # of does, # of immature bucks/doe.Wanted me to do the samething for bear and turkey. It evenwanted to know about the kind and frequency of small game observed during a hunt. I think I should get a discounted license for all that work!
Old 06-08-2006, 05:46 PM

who cares what organizations are against or for it. the niddy gritty of the whole thing is that they dont have to justify increases with allowing sunday hunting. they know that we will pay the price to hunt nomatter what they raise it to. and they have been blowin smoke up our a#$es for too long about this subject. this is a commonwealth state and is not about to change anything especially when they have nothing to loose. noone is going to say im not hunting anymore cause they raised the price of a license by 5 bucks and wont allow me to hunt on sundays.

Quick Reply: VA License Increase/Sunday Hunting Update

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.