Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Virginia Sunday hunting..... (again)

Old 01-20-2006, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Virginia Sunday hunting..... (again)

original: ButchA

My season was the usual.... SKUNKED AGAIN!!! The only way I'm gonna get a deer, is if I go out and buy one (canned hunt ranch). [&o] But, I can't bring myself to do something like that, because it's not true hunting.

Keep it up and you will eventually score. Got to respect you for not going the route of a canned hunt. Have you thought about trying the urban archery season? It's open until March 25th. I have hunted a few places and the landowners have been very happy to give permission. Surely you could find a place to hunt in Richmond, Colonial Heights, Emporia, Farmville or Franklin. Might be worth a try.....may not work out right now but you might get some leads for the upcoming season.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks... I'm going to hunt up in upstate NY on my sister & brother-in-law's farm next season when I can take some vacation. $110 bucks for an out-of-state license is all it'll cost me.

Anyway, getting back on the topic of the never ending saga of Sunday hunting:

UPDATE:

House Bill HB632: Killed in committee by the House Agriculture, Chesapeake & Natural Resources.

House Bill HB711: Killed in committee by the House Agriculture, Chesapeake & Natural Resources.

Senate Bill SB387: Has been "passed over" and/or "tabled" as they say until next Monday. Translation - they don't want to deal with it and will (in political terms), sweep it under the rug and take no action. i.e... out of sight, out of mind. [:@]

But then, you know what? I'm not going to get madover it anymore... I just give up, plain and simple... [&o] One of these days, Virginia will wake up and realize they are creating more poachers and outlaw hunters with these stupid, ancient, laws!

I'm done...

Butch A.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats not bad for the license. Just keep your eyes and ears open and maybe you can find a lease near you. Don't rule out North Carolina either. I hunt NCand thelicense is 140....not too bad. Keep those cities and towns near you in mind for the urban archery season. Might be worth a trip to investigate and talk with some people. I agree with you on the Sunday hunting, but I wonder if it will ever change. You have the right idea about it though, just forget it! Maybe one day we'll pick up the newspaper and read that it has passed!!
Old 01-31-2006, 11:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: ButchA

UPDATE:

House Bill HB632: Killed in committee by the House Agriculture, Chesapeake & Natural Resources.

House Bill HB711: Killed in committee by the House Agriculture, Chesapeake & Natural Resources.

Senate Bill SB387: Has been "passed over" and/or "tabled" as they say until next Monday. Translation - they don't want to deal with it and will (in political terms), sweep it under the rug and take no action. i.e... out of sight, out of mind. [:@]
UPDATE AGAIN 1/31/06.....

Senate Bill SB387 was passed over/tabled yet again, yesterday 1/30. It's all over with... Let's face it, in Virginia we will NEVER see hunting on a Sunday! You know how it goes, "thou must park thy butt in a church pew and not in a treestand!!!!" [:@]