Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Virginia Sunday hunting..... (again)

Old 01-19-2006, 06:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Virginia Sunday hunting..... (again)

Original: AppalachianTracker

I like the Sunday off...It gives my feet and the deer time to rest. Virginia has faced this issue many times and it hasn't passed. On the other hand West Virginia has hunted on Sundays in past seasons, so there is precedent. My preference is an earlier bow season like NC, say the 15th...instead of a Sunday of hunting.

I understand your point butdeer hunting is one way that I personally relax. It can be hardwork at times but I do not consider it that way. Even if Sunday hunting were legal, you still have the option to go or stay home.

I'm like coolbrze0, I have an excellent work schedule so I am able to hunt during the week and every other weekend.I guess for me it is just the desire to have the option of hunting on Sundayslike the majortiy of the country.
Old 01-19-2006, 10:10 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: AppalachianTracker

I like the Sunday off...It gives my feet and the deer time to rest. Virginia has faced this issue many times and it hasn't passed. On the other hand West Virginia has hunted on Sundays in past seasons, so there is precedent. My preference is an earlier bow season like NC, say the 15th...instead of a Sunday of hunting.
There is scientific soundness that states that hunting 7 days a week will have no ramification on the population. Matt Knox of the VDGIF has stated this same thing many times. The deer need a rest my a$$. give me a break. Do you fish? Don't you think they need a break as well I propose that there be no fishing on sundays either. If we are going to discriminate against one groupe of outdoorsmen then we shold do it for all.

No need to worry though the bills that were proposed in the house werr killed in committee, so I guess you got your wish.
Old 01-19-2006, 10:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: 02bhntn

There is scientific soundness that states that hunting 7 days a week will have no ramification on the population. Matt Knox of the VDGIF has stated this same thing many times. The deer need a rest my a$$. give me a break. Do you fish? Don't you think they need a break as well I propose that there be no fishing on sundays either. If we are going to discriminate against one groupe of outdoorsmen then we shold do it for all.

No need to worry though the bills that were proposed in the house werr killed in committee, so I guess you got your wish.
WHAT?!?!?![:@]

o2b... you got news that I don't know about? When did the committee kill the proposed bills?!?! Aaaaaaaaaargh!!!! [:@]

Old 01-19-2006, 11:27 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: ButchA

ORIGINAL: 02bhntn

WHAT?!?!?![:@]

o2b... you got news that I don't know about? When did the committee kill the proposed bills?!?! Aaaaaaaaaargh!!!! [:@]
Butch,

I knew you'd blow your stack when you saw that but I thought I'd put it out there. This is an email I got from Delegate Plum this morning

"Mr. Patrick,
House Bils 632 and 711 were heard in subcommittee yesterday evening. Unfortunately, the subcommittee voted to recommend to the full committee that these bills not be passed. I was one of 2 members of the subcommittee who voted against killing the bills, as I personally believe there would be nothing wrong with being able to hunt on Sudnays.
It is highly unlikely that the committee will report these bills out. Just wanted you to know the subcommittee's action last night.
Delegate Ken Plum
36th House District"

Old 01-19-2006, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't buy the argument that deer need a day of rest either. I would be suprised if VA passed Sunday hunting in the next 10 years....been talked about and shot down for too many years now.
Old 01-19-2006, 01:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Let me sum this up as succinctly as I can.....

AAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[:@]
Old 01-19-2006, 04:07 PM
Fork Horn

Your right Butch, I guess my wife is right about my selective memory. The interview I read was by Ken Perrotte in the Free-Lance Star.[/align][/align]http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2005/092005/09292005/132737[/align][/align]About the same questions and answers. I would like to see it changed, I work on Sat. mornings. Did you have any luck this season?[/align]
Old 01-19-2006, 04:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: rick64
Did you have any luck this season?
[/align]
My season was the usual.... SKUNKED AGAIN!!! The only way I'm gonna get a deer, is if I go out and buy one (canned hunt ranch). [&o] But, I can't bring myself to do something like that, because it's not true hunting.

Regarding Sunday hunting, at least I can hunt up in upstate New York on my sister/brother-in-law's 125 acre farm anytime I want (Sunday's included!). All it'll cost me is a $110 non-resident license.

Old 01-20-2006, 05:16 AM
Fork Horn

Folks,

There is a correction from Delegate Plums office:

Mr. Patrick,
I was in error. The other "aye" vote was from Delegate Eisenberg of Arlington.
Barbara Shearer
Legislative Assistant to Del. Ken Plum

Just wanted to let you know.

Enjoy the end of Duck and Goose season. I know I willl.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Guys,

I just sent a huge email to all the senators involved with SB387. Plus I have a phone call into Senator Stolle's office and also contacted my local senator, Senator Stosch here in Richmond.

If SB387 is the last effort we have for Sunday hunting, then I'm going all out on this one.... The year is 2006 people.... not 1886!!!! Can we puh-leeze get with the times!!! [:@]

Quick Reply: Virginia Sunday hunting..... (again)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.