Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

That time of year

Old 12-20-2005, 10:20 AM
Spike

Default That time of year

Well including this morning i have hunting the past 8 days except sunday and not seen a deer. So I figured this is the dreaded time of the year this occurs.After dogs and people have been in the woods a couple months im thinking its pointless for me to try to go out and still hunt. HoweverI wont quit. Been off for a week dont go back to work till the 1-02-06 and gonna hunt hard. What about yall is it getting slow for you?

Happy holidays
Old 12-20-2005, 11:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: That time of year

Last time I hunted was last Wed. and I put a good sized doe in the freezer. I'm headed out again tomorrow.

What you are saying is correct, but the deer are still going to move, just not as much.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:51 PM

eastern va, when the hunting gets slow and later in the season I hunt in the middle of the day. I have shot at least 5 or 6 bucks from 11am to 3pm

Old 12-20-2005, 04:19 PM
Spike

actually this evening I jumped 4 does on my way to the stand. This was about 130. Im thinking of going in there tomorow about 6 and stay in the tree all day.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

My bro shot one no more than 150 yds. from where i took my doe last wed. this a.m. He called my at 0730 really stoked, so i knew he took one before he told me! Don't worry, they're still there
Old 12-22-2005, 08:39 PM
Spike

Yeah went in there yesterday morning about 6. jumped all kind of deer on my way in (not that i was really loud they were just between me and my stand). Anyway i had my 16 yro bro in law with me and about 115 he killed a 6 pointer just moving through the open woods in the middle of the day.
Old 12-24-2005, 09:08 AM
Typical Buck

yeah its gotten pretty slow around here. aint seen a deer in who knows how long. but i still go hoping to get at least one more before the season ends.
Old 12-25-2005, 04:07 PM
Spike

Yea keep trying S.B. Be sure to be out there in the middle of the day 11-3 works late in the year.
Old 12-27-2005, 04:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tagged # 8 yest. evening. 2 doe came in feeding on sparse browse and I took the bigger one, although they both were good sized. Did some drives at the farm on Sat. and my bro shot 2 that were holed up in a field we let grow just for that purpose. We saw between 10 - 12 deer, which we probably wouldn't have seen if we weren't driving...
Old 12-27-2005, 07:58 AM
Spike

good job.

Quick Reply: That time of year

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.