Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Florida rut???

Old 12-18-2005, 09:41 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Florida rut???

For you fellows who don't know wher ethe Over Street Ranch is....It's on Tran about 1 mile east of levi road past the power lines. Problem is overstreet is ovedr crowded. It does look good though, Tran is not the easiest road to be on. Just wide enough for one vehicle. It's eassier to hunt than bay heads. It's the Withalachochee River.
Old 12-18-2005, 10:18 AM
Dominant Buck

After you leave the check station go down Main Grade to Stand Hammock Road and park your vehicle in the aurthorized parking area and walk South to the Withlachoochee and the Green Swamp fence, which is also the Overstreet Ranch Fence,or you can follow Tram Grade to Ellis Grade, or follow Mian Grade to Ellis Grade that will run-in to Tram Grade,this is where Sumter County,Lake County and Polk County meet. Hunt all the area South of Tram Grade. Stay out of the Overstreet Ranch, don't jump the fence! It's private property!!!!

Another area that is good for deer is the Triangle between Tanic Grade and Three-Run-Grade off the Richloom fence!

Green Swamp
Old 12-18-2005, 10:22 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Chuck7

For you fellows who don't know wher ethe Over Street Ranch is....It's on Tanic about 1 mile east of levi road past the power lines. Problem is overstreet is ovedr crowded. It does look good though, Tanic is not the easiest road to be on. Just wide enough for one vehicle. It's eassier to hunt than bay heads. It's the Withalachochee River.

Sorry Chuck, that's not right!
Old 12-18-2005, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

how are the roads in the green swamp??? the majority of the non grades in richloam are really bad. is that the same way as there??? has anyone hunted in the area where the river makes a big loop right near powder grade just south of the florida trail???
Old 12-18-2005, 12:25 PM
Dominant Buck

You are right Reb. I just checked the map.It is Tran. I've hunted the area I just get the names Tanic and Tram messed up.
Chuck7
Old 12-18-2005, 12:28 PM
Dominant Buck

Main....no problem
Powder...no problem

They are the only ones I've been on this year. However; although the roads are good it's hard to find a good place to pull over if you only got 2 wheel drive. Once wyou are parked you will be in water.
Old 12-18-2005, 12:49 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Hunter06FlKy

how are the roads in the green swamp??? the majority of the non grades in richloam are really bad. is that the same way as there??? has anyone hunted in the area where the river makes a big loop right near powder grade just south of the florida trail???

Hey, if you get an ATV, you'll out hunt most guy's!
I have'nt been to Green Swamp since 1997, so I can't tell you much about how the roasds are now!
Old 12-18-2005, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

well i do drive a 2 wheel drive vehicle but i'm working on getting some serious mud tires for my rear wheels. do you know if there are out and out holes on the other roads??? if so is it gooey mud or is it water over a sand bottom???
Old 12-18-2005, 06:28 PM
Dominant Buck

Tram has deep holes. Pulled the muffler off my truck last year. That road may have some pot holes with water. Also very narrow road. Powder is fine. Main is fine. Three mile will be sanding and wet. I plan to go tues, and Wednesday to Powder.
Chcuk7
Old 12-18-2005, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

chuck is your explorer 4 wheel drive??? hopefully i'll be getting some serious mud-terrain tires for my rear wheels so i should be able to get through most things as long as it isn't a really gooey bottom.

Quick Reply: Florida rut???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.