Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Squirrel's effect on deer.

Old 12-12-2005, 11:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Squirrel's effect on deer.

i heard that, sometimes i don't think these northern hunters quite understand what we go through for our "little" bucks. not saying all, but reading some of these forums it sounds like they just throw a corn feeder up a month or two in advance and their idea of scouting is refilling the feeder. or the ones that never scout, just hunt on the edge of a planted field.

we on the other hand spend ALL year scouting and wading through swamps (by the way, a swamp is not a revine with a creek and one cypress tree...lol). i think it's alot tougher to hunt down south than up north. i know it's cold up there but half the time it's so hot here that iam soaked with sweat just walking to my stand. to top it off, the skeeters are unbearable...even with a thermacell. i know going weeks without seeing deer is common here. i read a post from a northern hunter the other day and he was upset because he hadn't seen a day the last few days....geesh. sometimes i think some hunters are spoile.

if any northern hunters read this, i am not saying all of you are like this and i am not trying to start a forum fight. i was just giving insight on what we go through.