Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

anyone in Oklahoma

Old 11-09-2005, 09:58 AM
Fork Horn

Default anyone in Oklahoma

Hey fellow Oklahoma hunters. Has anyone seen any signs of the rut going on yet. I live and hunt around grady county and I havn't really seen much. I did take a little management buck with my bow2 weeks ago with his nose in the air but that is about it.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:55 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: anyone in Oklahoma

Hey Buckmaster, it's been a while. When I was out last weekend I saw 7 or 8 different bucks chasing does. I saw 3 while I was hunting and others chasing while I was driving around, but they were all young and smaller ones.This weekend should have the bigger boys on their feet with this cooler weather. It is about like it always is here in west central Oklahoma, hot and heavy in between blackpowder and rifle season. The first weekend of rifle should still be good but it will be winding down in my area. Good luck to everyone!!
Old 11-10-2005, 09:58 AM
Fork Horn

Hey Millertime hows it going? After going last year with nothing I decided to take a litte 6 point management buck this year. He was not gonna grow to be anything worth looking at. But I am probably not gonna be doing a whole lot of hunting in Calumet this year because where I had my favorite tree stand they are not drilling an oil well. Well good luck to you this season.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:42 AM

You boys got one more I just joined. I haven't got to go out any this week but I am going out this weekend and I will update you if I see any activity.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:46 PM

Hey everyone just joined hunt mainly NW Okla. around Seiling/Chester been slow last 2 weeks going back out tomorrow and see if anything happens.
Old 11-11-2005, 06:35 PM

Good Titan. We hunt west and north of you, north of seiling about a mile east of the river. Let me know what you see. We harvested a doe during bow and a small buck late in smoke pole season. The small ones were beginning to chase after the does but none of any merit yet. We're hoping that the cold front scheduled for next Thursday or Friday will get things going. Seems we always miss the rut as it usually happens between bp and gun. Would be nice to have a snow hunt but doesn't look like that again this year.
The processnig plant in Seiling was not accepting deer the last weekeknd of black powder. Seems that he had taken in too much beef. It also looks like he may have ran off all his help. I certainly hope he opens up more for the gun season as that's the only place close we know of and processing myself sucks, to old and cranky :-).
Jim

Old 11-14-2005, 01:58 PM

Hey grizz who's land are you hunting, my partner @ work grew up in chester,between his family and his inlaws we have about 6 differnt quarters,plus we lease another 1/2 sectioneast of seiling. I was wondering why the meat locker hasn't called me yet I took a doe in opening weekend of bow and still havent heard from him, glad I didn't take the two from black powder to him!
Old 11-14-2005, 02:17 PM
Spike

I finally saw some good bucks running does on Sunday morning, up around Waynoka, I didnt get to hunt on Sunday evening though as I had to get back home. I live out of state but am back inWaynoka on most weekends hunting. They closed our meat locker down here and we usually go to Seiling, but it sounds like we might have to look somewhere else. Any of you other NW OK hunters know of any lockers reasonabley close?
Old 11-14-2005, 04:10 PM

OkieHntr, we hunt on Simmons. Some years ago we had a great place north of Orion, but lost it to bird hunters and such.
I too hope the locker in Seiling opens for deer next week. We'll keep our fingers crossed. Someone said something about a processor in Vici but didn't have any specifics. I'll be darned if i'd drive all the way to Vici without a name, address or phone. Also a rumor about one in Woodward, but again no specifics.
It always seems like there's some type on conspiracy on us. The rutseems to turn on full bore in Woodward Co. between powder and gun. I am very glad they extended the gun season. Now if they'd just back it up a week instead of lapping over into December, the rut could be more beneficial to us all.
We try to take all the does we can as our ratio is in excess of 30 to 1 and we eat all we take. But it is nice to take or seea bigun from time to time which is a lot more likely in full rut. Maybe the cold weather this week will have 'em moving a little more for opener.
Good luck to all. Jim
Old 11-15-2005, 12:40 PM

Hey grizz, there is a locker in Vici don't know the name but I have a customer in Vici I will find out who and where and post it for you. We also hunt a 1/4 at Orion but really haven't seen much there,a buddys wife did get her 1st doe with her bow there this year so that was cool! Hopefully with this cold front and the moon the action turns on this weekend I can't make up my mind to hunt up there or my brother in laws place he has a section north of Luther that we hunt opening weekend of rifle have for the last 10 years so I'm kinda torn who knows guess I'll just have to flip a coin. Ok just talked to my cust. the name is Double E deer processing its north of the county barn don't know if I am supposed to post the phone number but do have one just email me!