Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

GA crossbow regulations???

Old 08-19-2005, 08:07 PM
Typical Buck

Default GA crossbow regulations???

Is there anyone from GA that can tell me what the regs are on crossbow use?
I am planning on going to GA again this year for some hog hunting and a friend of mine would like to meet me there from Mississippi and he shoots a crossbow. I hunt with a compound and have never needed to inquire about crossbow regs before. Any help would be great.~ Ben
Old 08-21-2005, 02:39 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: GA crossbow regulations???

There are no restrictions for crossbow users,anymore.Both of you will have to have primitive weapons liscense(Bow,and crossbow shooters alike)along with all the other liscenses.Scopes are allowed.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:07 AM

I hunt in the Dublin area and this summer I overheard that crossbows can be used during archery season with out the person having a disability. I havent checked into this, but it doesnt sound right? Anyone know?
Old 09-03-2005, 06:51 PM
Typical Buck

The crossbow for "disabled hunters only" regulation was removed in 2002.Anyone one can use them with or without a disability.It is in the regulation book on page 7
Archery: Crossbows,longbows,recurve bows,and compound bows are allowed for hunting any game or feral hog.Arrows for hunting deer,bear,or feral hog must be broadhead type.
Primitive Weapons: Legal weapons during primitive weapons season include crossbows(scopes legal),bow and arrow,and muzzleloading firearms.Muzzleloader hunters must use iron sights or peep sights(fiber optic material is OK)during primitive weapons season.Scopes and other optical sighting devices may not be used during the primitive weapons season.
These are the only regulationsfor crossbows now.I hope that helps.
Old 09-05-2005, 06:11 AM

zmgsvt, i have hunted near jeffersonville just north of Dublin for more than thirty years..have got some nice deer there,,
Old 09-08-2005, 07:17 AM

thanks, Yeah I actually hunt in Wrightsville. I'm pretty excited about this weekend. Good Luck