Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

where have they all gone?

Old 01-05-2005, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default where have they all gone?

the tree rats, that is. i spent 6 hours in the woods yesterday looking to make a bunch of broiled limbrat, and did not see one squirrel! very wierd, think it may be a conspiracy. if you drive through town, it's like a gieco commercial, they are everywhere!

but the woods were deserted yesterday! crows, though holy jeeze! i'm going to wally world to stock up on cheap 12 guage ammo, think if i get enough it'll be "wing nite" at the bar.....
Old 01-06-2005, 07:22 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: where have they all gone?

Its like that here to.
And the ones I see are quiet as a mouse.
None of them are making a sound.
and in town theres millions of them.
Old 01-07-2005, 07:47 AM
Fork Horn

I noticed the last couple of times I was in the woods that I didnt see any. During deer season they were all over and the ones I saw were big and fat. I too planned on going out to get some and maybe make a stew. I may have to make a trip to the grocery store for the meat!!

MIKE
Old 01-10-2005, 12:07 AM

There is little cover ie: leaves to conceal them. Hawks tear'em up here. Wife told me she seen 2 hawks in one day take two squirrels. The bird watchers got a lot to look at.
Old 01-10-2005, 01:38 PM

Here in Ohio around where I live thery are every where. I killed 30 and only wnt out about 12 times.
Old 01-12-2005, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

been out 4 times since i posted and have not seen ONE squirrel!

you are right ,thouh, hawks are everywhere, lots of coyote and bobcat tracks too. and, there has been a big influx of fishers in the area, i saw one chasing squirrels this spring, he was FAST! i'd imagine a few fishers could seriously wipe out some treerats....