Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

ANY ONE WITH COYOTE TROUBLES?

Old 07-22-2002, 12:16 AM

Default ANY ONE WITH COYOTE TROUBLES?

I know this is`nt deer hunting but was wondering if any one has been having any coyote troubles? we live in wv and have had coyotes here for several years and alot of folks like to hunt them , mostly siting they are nuisances or dangerous to ones pets ect. and claiming they need thined out . i do know in certain places this is true but i have as yet to know of any one near us to actually have been bothered by a coyote or even seen any in packs here or causing any problems other than folks getting very nervous over seeing one that wasnt causing any one any harm. actually we`ve had more problems with dogs running loose and in packs and causing harm by scaring folks, running deer and live stock and killing pets . one pack of dogs even tore a wire pen open and took a friends pot bellied pig out and killed it and these were just family pets who started running together. after this and a few other incidents most of these dogs were done away with.

Edited by - drache on 07/22/2002 23:31:26
Old 07-22-2002, 12:32 AM

Default RE: ANY ONE WITH COYOTE TROUBLES?

No coyote problems, but I did see several wolves where I deer hunt 2 weeks ago. If they are still around during deer season, they are fair game!
Old 07-22-2002, 01:55 PM
Banned

we have coyote problems here in Ritchie County, They keep attacking cows and little fawns. We saw the first one here bout 2 years ago and they have got WORSE FAST. now if you go out to hunt them and use a call you r bound to see one. They are forming packs and reproducing fast. Most people round here dont hunt them and there are more coyotes than people. We are trying to get help shoting them but it is real hard. We went to a seminar in Doddridge county last year and the guy tought us alot about how they live and how to hunt them. I think he is having it again this year. I will tell you bout it if he does. Its only a one night thing but i thought it was really good. I dont know where you live so i dont know if you would want to travel real far. Good Luck on the coyote problems.

PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals
Old 07-22-2002, 02:03 PM

Well here in texas we have had problems with alot of farmer and ranchers pay or invite people to hunt them.They cause alot of harm to pets and livestock.They even had a small outbreak of raybies in a few county's.If thier not contained they will cause you alot of trouble.
Old 07-23-2002, 03:47 AM
Typical Buck

coyotes will play heck with live stock but generaly are more affraid of you then you are of him.a pack of wild dogs or domesticated dogs who have learned to be pack oriented are far more dangerous to humans then any group of coyotes.if nobody is hunting them in your area then sombody needs to start.if left unchecked they will desamate(sp)every spieces of animal in the area(including your cat and small gogs)then move on when the pray numbers are to low to support them.learn to hunt them and you will see just how slick wiley coyote can be.once you experience mr coyote you problably will be hooked for life,some people likle me it becomes an obsession.
Old 07-23-2002, 07:39 PM

Yup got some probs here they keep killin the turkeys on my land i am takin them suckers out!
Old 07-23-2002, 11:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well had some problems with them for awhile but has of recently i haven't seen any, not even remains of anything. Thinking the farmers are putting some sort of poison or something around the crops because i haven't even see rabbits out there where they usually are.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Live to hunt, hunt to live, be the eyes of the hawk <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>
Old 07-24-2002, 06:13 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 07-29-2002, 09:16 PM

to arron snodgrass-- we live in webster county wv. i as thus far havent heard of any coyote troubles here but was wondering how they were else where i knew in some other states they are really bad in places, i bet hunting coyotes would really be a trick. although at the present time i only hunt what i know will be eaten but it looks like in the future that may change if we get the coyote problems here too. thanks for the replys, annie.
Old 08-01-2002, 11:18 PM

Well, Coyotes are quite common place here in AZ. I have relatives that live in Sun City. A well developed retirement area on the edge of phx area. Houses and development all around, and these yotes live on the golf courses. They stalk little rabbits and the chihuahuas that the retired folks like to keep. Had a friend's father let his little dog out for a potty break and a coyote nabbed it and they never saw it again. Less than 6 feet from the patio! Bold animals. They just lay around the golf course in the day, wherever shade is, and they clean up on rabbits, kitties and small dogs in evenings and mornings. Good luck if they get a stronghold on your area. Prolific suckers too, so if you have 2 this year you got 20 next year. I once saw a yote being chased by a doe while I was hunting deer. Watched it come down the side of a canyon with the deer in hot pursuit. I picked it off after I was sure there was no buck around. 25 bucks for the pelt back then some 20 years ago. Strange thing though the deer came back, sniffed the dead yote, looked around awhile and then moseyed off.

Good luck on your problem.

Tree huggers should hold on to those trees... Especially during a forest fire.

Quick Reply: ANY ONE WITH COYOTE TROUBLES?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.