Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Which type of predator call to use?

Old 11-04-2004, 08:01 PM

Default Which type of predator call to use?

i live in kentucky and i was wondering what you all think would be the best type of preadator calls to use in the fall and winter i was thinkin the cottontail in distress would work best in the fall and pretty decent in the winter but i havent done much calling so i was wondering what you all think about this situation. ~!!~Hunting Is My Life~!!~
Old 11-05-2004, 12:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Which type of predator call to use?

My favorite call is a Circe triple-tone predator. It is just a good old mouth call that fits easily into a pocket. It has a jackrabbit, cottontail, and coaxer all in one. Will bring coyotes running, along with every other predator under the sun.
Old 11-06-2004, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Which type of predator call to use?

The cottontail distress will work year around, so will most distress calls. But you would do best if you had at least a couple of different calls to use. I'd suggest getting something like what North Texan uses, the triple-tone by Circe, that would give ya some different sounds to use and not break the bank, and it is a closed reed call, which means it's easy to use. I'd also suggest buying a good coyote calling video, such as one of Randy Andersons, or the Verminator, or a Byron South video. Not only to hear some instrucational, but more so to hear what the sounds that you should be trying to make should sound like.