Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Have a huge cougar problem, need advise..

Old 08-12-2004, 09:19 AM

Default RE: Have a huge cougar problem, need advise..

either gun would work. i know of people who use a 243 or a 220 swift you need to use the proper bullet and i have no clue what that is "maybe a 95 grain winchester balastic tip" any how it will have to pentrate well and expand quite a bit.

the way i have heard works well is to have a buddy and sit back to back on a tree so one it can't sneak up behind you. while blowing on a call. i have heard that the fawn in destress and wounded woodpecker calls work best. also i have talked to people who allow there dog to sit at the tree w/ them because it will detect it and let you know
Old 08-19-2004, 12:21 PM

Shadow Cat is the perfect word to describe these. We have a ranch in central western texas and have had it for over 20 years. For the past few years we have been seeing a mnt lion in the same general area .. but everytime we would see him it would be a SPLIIT and i mean split of a second and its gone. You wll never be able to get a shot on one just walking around in the open.
I would never play games with these guys
Old 08-26-2004, 03:13 PM

nice knowin ya krueger. got more stones than i do.