Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Attention>I NEED HELP!!!

Old 03-01-2004, 05:54 PM

Default RE: Live trap em

Thanks all for your insights. As of this evening, patience and luck have been the ticket. What I first thought was "a" skunk living under my rear porch, has turned out to be several skunks living under my house. I took one tonight with a shot to the head. I do not have it in me to drown an animal trapped in a cage, although I do understand the part about stinkin up a trap. I guess that comes from being a surfer and knowing what it's like when you're being held down and you think you're lungs are gonna explode. Thanks all.
Old 03-01-2004, 06:05 PM

i have seen the game warden's catch them in a live trap. what they were using was a low profile trap. something like a have a heart trap. they told us that if the skunk can not raise his tail that he can not spray. they removed it with any trouble.
Old 03-02-2004, 02:05 PM

Hand grenade would work too don't ya think?
Old 03-02-2004, 03:30 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

If you don't want to drown them, cover the trap with a tarp, pull your vehicle up beside the trap and run a hose from the exhaust pipe under the tarp. The skunk will die of carbon monoxide poisoning. Very humane and easy to do.
Old 03-02-2004, 03:54 PM

they really like eggs. boil a few eggs and us them for bait and the skunk is the only thing that will touch the eggs.