Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Need some help

Old 01-28-2004, 08:47 AM

Default Need some help

I have never coyote hunted yet... there are many arround and the deer pop. and turkey pop. is going down so.. I need help on what mouth call to get how manyto get and an effective way to use them. Or a tape to use i dont have a electrical caller yet.. but i have a loud cd play.

I also need to know what gun to use and load to use..... I have a Mossberg 500 all chokes including a xx turkey choke in 12 ga and 20 ga. i have a slug barrel for the 12 ga Winchester 1200 mod. choke 12 ga Remington .22 speedmaster .22 mag revolver. and 2 muzzeloaders but i dont want to use them. I have a PSE spyder bow 50 lbs. No high powered rifles bcuz i live in ohio and no deer hunting with them.
Old 01-28-2004, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need some help

i would use the shotgun and use 4 shot. i jus bought a 223 savage for yote hunting 2 weeks ago. and about the calls. i had asked that this yr also and from what people told me is that there prob isnt a pred call out there that wont call a yote in. um if u hunt in colder weather like below frezin like me get open reeded. closed reeds tend to freeze up. people also say that when u go out get ready to shoot as sonn as u sit down. before u start callin cuz they can pop out at any time. most people us a jack rabbit or contail distress call. hope that helps. and heres a great website that has forums on it. www.predatormasters.com its a good site. i got alot of info off there.