Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

City squirrels VS forest squirrels

Old 08-27-2018, 04:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default City squirrels VS forest squirrels

Outside my home these city squirrels do nothing but taunt me but that's ok. These city squirrels would be no competition for me. The squirrels i hunt in the country are very different than these city slicking squirrels.

Sept 15th is almost here
Old 08-28-2018, 07:25 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by john1984
Outside my home these city squirrels do nothing but taunt me but that's ok. These city squirrels would be no competition for me. The squirrels i hunt in the country are very different than these city slicking squirrels.

Sept 15th is almost here
ours starts sept 1 here, cant wait

i squirrel hunt a lot and its always frustrating trying to explain to nonhunters that the squirrels they see in the park are NOT the same as you see when you go in the woods trying to hunt them. They look at me like im crazy and think its just terrible I hunt them, like i just casually walk thru the woods and the squirrels are milling about nonchalantly and im blasting them willy nilly lol
Old 08-28-2018, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I enjoy squirrel hunting. Since I do not like to clean or eat them, I avoid the hunt.
Old 08-29-2018, 04:52 AM
Typical Buck

I love to squirrel hunt but for some reason just dont seem to get out and do it. I get too caught up in deer hunting season which starts in the beginning of Oct for archery. Sept is usually so hot here in Va. and I like it to cool down when I go for squirrels. I will have to make a point to get out with my old Winchester bolt action and take a few tree rats. Love me some squirrel gravy!
Old 08-30-2018, 07:20 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by mackesr
I love to squirrel hunt but for some reason just dont seem to get out and do it. I get too caught up in deer hunting season which starts in the beginning of Oct for archery. Sept is usually so hot here in Va. and I like it to cool down when I go for squirrels. I will have to make a point to get out with my old Winchester bolt action and take a few tree rats. Love me some squirrel gravy!
Same here in regards to the heat of Sept. I usually wait till at least the last week of Sept. for Fox Squirrels then after the first frost in Oct. for Gray Squirrels due to them getting warbles. I have never seen a warble in a Fox Squirrel so far, been hunting them 52 years now.
Old 02-07-2019, 08:03 PM
Spike

White collar squirrels
Old 02-12-2019, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

After they've been hunted a few times by humans...forest squirrels are more cagey than city squirrels.

Yet again???
Old 03-16-2019, 05:53 AM
Spike

ole hunter seys after a few are killed in the backyard the will get just as spooky as a sq in the woods. the woods sq that haven't been hunted are curious and will circle around through the trees to look you over
Old 04-05-2019, 01:13 AM
Spike

MY village squirrels did damage to my 100 year old house trying to make a new home behind the gutter. Conservation gave me the blessing to "thin" out the offenders. The first 6 were easy kills and gravy. The next 8 actually were getting smarter by the day. My wild squirrels in the woods are much harder to hunt, but the village squirrels after a bit of watching their friends disappear at the "corner" house have caught on. The repairs were made to the house, so the shooting has stopped. They still do not hang out very long in my yard which I am fine with. AL