Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Bipods

Old 02-02-2002, 08:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default Bipods

Who makes a good bipod that don't cost a ton, also do any of you guys got a bipod for sale?
Old 02-03-2002, 12:15 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Bipods

harris is probly the most popular but none of them are cheap.harris,b-square,versa pod,stoney point and i'm sure theres more.these are all availible thru the mail orders catalogs,check them out.spend the little extra and get one with a pivoting head,there a reral nice feature. www.cabelas.com
Old 02-03-2002, 04:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

look into shooting sticks if you dont wanna spend a ton...or make a set..for like 2$..just a thought....

mauser06(700th post!)
Old 02-03-2002, 04:48 PM
Typical Buck

.I have a nice Harris Bipod,just might sell,email me.......

..JESUS IS COMING BACK BE READY...
Old 02-03-2002, 06:40 PM

I like probably most guys here have a Harris bipod on they're rifles. You spend 400 to 1000 dollars on a gun, another 150 to 600 dollars on optics Whats another 70 bucks for a piece of equipment thats (in my opinion) no less important than the two mentioned.(gun an scope.)
Old 02-03-2002, 10:07 PM

Greets,
Hey Mauser06, what materials do you recommend if one wants to make a set of sticks? I need something light enuff to carry in the feild as I usually hike a ways back in to my sittin sppots.

Just my uneducated opinion!
Terry
Old 02-04-2002, 04:37 AM
Typical Buck

i made a pair of shooting sticks for $1.95.go to a place like home depot and find the wooden dowl section.mine are 7/16 inch hard wood.look at them carefully and make sure there is no knots in them and they are straight with nice straight grain.these come in 4 foot or better lenghts,once your home,grind a point on one end of each stick then find two stout rubber bands(castration bands are good)rap them around the two sticks so there tight.now slide them down around 6 inches from the top.figure out how much you need to trim off.you want them short enough to shoot from a sitting position but yet long to shoot from one knee.or trim them so you can shoot from the prone position or sitting.i trimmed mine to 39 inches.i also have a harris by pod on for when i want to shoot from the prone position.after you have trimmed to length and ground the points slide the rubber bands off and spay camo paint(or any flat black,brown or green paint)then take a rag and wipe off the excess paint.they don't need to look pritty you just want to darken them.you can also use old alumanum arrows for this to.for me an arrow was to short.these wooden dowls are light and don't make alot of noise when brushed against weeds and brush but the best part is there dirt cheap.
Old 02-04-2002, 06:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

seeker were u the one to post that topic on makin sticks b4? i was just gunna dig it up! lol...

mauser06
Old 02-04-2002, 07:07 AM
Typical Buck

yep,i do believe i was.
Old 02-04-2002, 03:02 PM

I made my set of shooting sticks for $2.59. I took two 5/8 inch dowels 4ft long. Glued rubber end caps on one end, then drilled a hole about a 1/2 inch deep on the other end and glued 3 inch nails in the holes and then peu rubber end caps over them so that the nail sticks out. Next you spray paint them and then you take a bungee cord and tie it in the middle trim off most of the excess and voila! You have a pair of shooting sticks that by moving the bungee cord up or down. The nails in the bottom provide for excellent traction when using them as walking sticks especially on ice.

Quick Reply: Bipods

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.