Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Trying to catch more fox...Please reply

Old 11-18-2003, 01:48 PM

Default RE: Trying to catch more fox...Please reply

Spikebuck,
How do you know that you caught the digger and not just another fox altogether.

I think that there will always be a trap/animal thief out there. can you move your sets away from the view of the road?
Old 11-18-2003, 08:45 PM

Come to think of it, it very well might have been an entirely different fox. However, since then, I' ve had no action at those sets, so I think it probably was him. Also, these sets are hidden pretty well from the road. And wouldn' t a thief take the trap? I' ve never had to deal much with thieves, so I don' t really know.

-Spike Buck
Old 11-18-2003, 08:54 PM

have you had a fox or yote chew there leg or foot off of a steel trap. i have .if it has not happened to you it will. you will go to check the trap and just have a foot.

go deep hunt hard.

Old 11-19-2003, 08:02 AM

I think that the legs you find are not " chewed" off, but rather " twisted off." The reason that I say this is because there would be too much pain for them to chew ABOVE the trap jaws. I have witnessed several fox/coon chewing on their feet BELOW the trap jaws where their foot would be numb. I have never seen an animal chewing above their leg which is above the jaws. No, that doesn' t prove it, but it helps my thinking.
The only times that I have found feet in my traps, the bones were splintered which made me think that the trap broke the bone, then the animals twisted and/or jumped until the skin and tendons/ligements broke.

I could be wrong, but hey, I am a lot of the time.
Old 11-20-2003, 09:46 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]