Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

coyote problems

Old 10-06-2003, 11:29 PM
pup

Default coyote problems

ok here is the problem i have never hunted coyotes. but everynight for the past 3 weeks i have gooten woken up by them. i have tried to spot light them tried calling them tried sitting over deer carcasses. but nothing is working and since they moved in i havent been seeing any deer or turkeys. any ideas on how to thin these thing out?
Old 10-07-2003, 12:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: coyote problems

Well i am not coyote expert so i can maybe give you some ideas. There are several videos on calling coyotes and other useful tactics. I saw this device that was pretty pricy but looked like it could work, it was actually a speaker like device with a vibrating rod that looks like an an rabbit; It suppose to sound lke a rabbit in distress so i heard. Only idea i can think of is maybe even go a tree stand? hopefully i have given you at least an idea of some ways to help out. good luck to you.
Old 10-07-2003, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

trapping, if it' s a viable option to you, is probably the most effective means to remove coyotes. So, if you know how to do that, that' s what I' d recommend or hire a local animal damaga control trapper, if there are any around. If you don' t know how to trap and don' t want to spend the money on a local ADC man, then learning to call them in would be the next best method. Calling them in isn' t as easy as many may beleive, so if you tried calling them just a couple of times with no action, it' s time to learn more about calling them and try it again. This time of year can be difficult to call them in, as it gets colder, they will begin to respond to calls more readily. Don' t get discouraged about not calling any in to start with, that' s normal for most beginners. Now, if you have lots of experience calling them in and still not able to bring them in, well, time to try some new tricks on them. Change things, up, such as try a different distress sound, learn to use a howler, set up in different location. different times of day, etc. Good Luck!
Old 10-09-2003, 05:19 AM
Spike

Randy Anderson...Calling All Coyotes I and II.Awesome videos and just about everything you need to know about hunting coyotes.
Old 10-10-2003, 12:09 AM
pup

ok thanks guys
i haved called them in before with distress but it isnt working now i think i need to get a howler.
Old 10-10-2003, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey pup, I couldn' t interest ya in a howler like this one could I. I make howlers from cow and buffalo horn.They sound pretty good.
Old 10-13-2003, 11:45 PM

Just curious--you want to " thin these things out" because they woke you up? Or are there other reasons you haven' t mentioned?
Old 10-14-2003, 12:06 AM
pup

no like i said before since i started hearing them i havent been seeing half as many deer and turkeys. and are grouse population isnt as good as usual either.
Old 10-14-2003, 12:21 AM

So in three weeks time, you think they have wiped out half the game population in your area?