Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Which mouth call?

Old 01-30-2002, 12:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default Which mouth call?

I've been out a few times this year with an electronic call. I think the rabbit tape sounds more like snow geese than a rabbit. I have yet to see anything. I want to try a mouth call, which one have you had good experiences with?
Old 01-30-2002, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Which mouth call?

I like open reeds. some that I use are, made by Verminator, Tally-Ho, and Critter calls, also have used closed reeds by Lohman, Circe, and Sceery.They all will work, but after ya use them for awhile, you will then have your favorites.
Old 01-30-2002, 05:55 PM
Typical Buck

all the call companys make quality calls and they will all call in predators but none of them will call in predators every time.the calls that howler talk about are top notch and you won't go wrong in buying them.its just a matter of finding calls your comfortable with and can use well.
Old 01-30-2002, 08:38 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys, Ill get a yotee yet!
Old 01-30-2002, 10:04 PM

The guys gave you some good tips on calls in my opion those are all good calls. The call I use in almost every stand I make is a howler. I could`t find one that really sounded like A coyote to me so I experamented around until I came up with one I made. It`s just a piece of pvc pipe with a open reed and it`s really hard to blow, but to me, it sounds like coyote. About 20 years ago it dawned on me that really vocal animals(ducks,turkeys,elk.ect.)were vocalizing for a reason. The`re commuicateing with one another. Over that time I have learned about 7 different barks,howls, and yips that really mean something to a coyote. Some you hardly ever want to use but some really work well. It has increased my response % by at least double. It works REALLY good during breeding season and later in early summer wwhen the pups are still in the den. I still don`t pretend to know everything they are saying but I keep listening and trying to learn more every day.