Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Coyote hunting

Old 03-05-2011, 06:47 AM
Fork Horn

Default Coyote hunting

I'm new to coyote hunting. I live in S.E. Wi. near thousands of acres of public land. It seems that much of the area is hunted quite heavily. Just purchased the Foxpro Spitfire and am looking for some advise on using it in this area. Any help will be appreciated.
Old 03-05-2011, 03:03 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by wetpwdr53
I'm new to coyote hunting. I live in S.E. Wi. near thousands of acres of public land. It seems that much of the area is hunted quite heavily. Just purchased the Foxpro Spitfire and am looking for some advise on using it in this area. Any help will be appreciated.
Might want to try downloading some of the free MP3 sounds/sequences found on VarmintAl's web-site onto your caller, and see how they work for you.

http://varmintal.com/ahunt.htm
Old 03-06-2011, 05:56 AM
Typical Buck

I don't own one but, you may have an advantage in an area that has alot of hunting pressure. It's probably wise to base (most) of your sounds on local animals. You may get some results on sounds that they may have never heard.For example,I know of someone getting good results with a pea**** sound in the northeast where there are obviously no pea****s. You need to get crafty. Coming up with a "magical" sequence depends on a few factors. Such as terrain,windy or still,time of year etc. I'm in new york, I think I'm gonna get a foxpro. Let us know how it works for ya'
Old 03-06-2011, 05:24 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the info. Went out today but didn't see a thing. The "fighting crows" sound definitely works. I turned it on under a tree in my back yard. Within 3 min. I had a half dozen noisy crows circling around the call.