Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

What do ya think? Bobcats??

Old 10-16-2010, 09:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default What do ya think? Bobcats??

We got a picture of these bobcats we think. They are definetly not regular cats. They are about twice, or more the size of a regular cat. It looks like they should weigh 15-20 pounds just guessing by there size. maybe a little more. There is one back further in the right size of the photo , and when zoomed in you can see a bob tail, and the same coloring as the one up close. They are both really thick like a bob cat too. It looks to me like 2 younger bobcats. What do you guys think? I compared some pictures of different bobcats on the internet some look like it some don't.
Attached Thumbnails What do ya think? Bobcats??-bobcat.jpg   What do ya think? Bobcats??-bobcat-zoomed.jpg   What do ya think? Bobcats??-bobcat-2-zoomed.jpg  
Old 10-17-2010, 04:18 AM
Spike

Look like bobcats to me. Kind of strange looking though comapred to the ones ive seen here in Texas. Do you have Lynx where you live?
Old 10-17-2010, 06:46 AM
Super Moderator

They look like bob cats to me also.
Good Luck, getting them.
Old 10-17-2010, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

You want to see what a Bobcat looks like? Check out the one who has decided to make the patio area outside my front door his personal relaxation spot:

Old 10-17-2010, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
yep, bobcats, spotted up nice for an eastern cat too, The close one appears to be a male by its thick neck, couldn't tell ya about how large it is.
RR
foot size tells all with bobcats
Old 10-17-2010, 09:00 AM
Fork Horn

Yea I think they are bobcats myself after browsing through tons of pics on the internet. They have the same markings, and colors. It is way thicker than a regular cat, and about 2 to 3 times the size. It has big paws, and a bob tail. We have heard reports of people seeing them crossing the roads by our house all the time, but never seen one ourself. This is back in the woods a mile away from anything where these pics were taken. So they might hang out back in that area.
Old 10-17-2010, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mondoman86
Yea I think they are bobcats myself after browsing through tons of pics on the internet. They have the same markings, and colors. It is way thicker than a regular cat, and about 2 to 3 times the size. It has big paws, and a bob tail. We have heard reports of people seeing them crossing the roads by our house all the time, but never seen one ourself. This is back in the woods a mile away from anything where these pics were taken. So they might hang out back in that area.
set a couple traps or snares..what ever is legal there.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bobcat - neck and haunches spells male for me also !