Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Nikki's Big Utah Lion

Old 03-11-2010, 09:07 AM
Spike

Default Nikki's Big Utah Lion

High Top Outfitters Guide Brett Guymon assisted family friend Nikki Withers in Central Utah on her Limited Entry Cougar Hunt. Nikki's Husband Jared Withers was there for the death hike and harvest of this great Utah Lion. After hunting for a couple of months and passing up several lions Nikki was able to take this Tom. Congratulations to Nikki on a cat of a lifetime. Persistence payed off. Nikki used a Glock 23 .40 SW handgun to take the cat.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:18 AM
bhw
Nontypical Buck

it looks huge!!
Old 03-14-2010, 09:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nice shooting and nice cat
Old 03-24-2010, 11:55 AM
Spike

Wow. That's all I can say. Wow. I said it again.

That's awesome! With a .40 Glock? She's more of a man than me- I'd be shaking in my manpanties.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:37 PM
Spike

Not to take anything away from this lady's trophy, but the picture doesn't match up.

When a cat is being chased with hounds, you could wear anything you wanted...that is to say camo isn't required. However, she's more dressed for jogging, mountain climbing, hiking and the gloves aren't something a handgun hunter would wear before, after or during a hunt.

Aside from that...the picture of the cat itself doesn't match either. Look closer at the head. The fur on the head/shoulders doesn't match the body and the front paws appear to be somewhat animated...or overlapped in the photo.

The shadows of the people standing with the cat don't match their profile and the cat doesn't appear to be casting a shadow.

I hope I'm wrong, the lady's cat trophy is for real and the photo hasn't been enhanced/altered.

Good hunting, Bowhunter57