Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Fox's

Old 02-11-2010, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Fox's

I was checken my traps yesterday and I had caught a skunk two days ago and didnt take it out after killing it so I looked around and found fox print's what do I use to catch a fox also will a #2 hold them?

Any tip's trick's and tactic's are needed.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:52 AM
Spike

Fox urine in a hole against a backstop with a dirt hole set in front of it. #2 will probably hold them but #2.5 are perfect for it.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:02 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah, what he said. A blown down tree's root wad would be perfect. Put your bait under the root wad where he cant reach it. Put your trap on top of the root wad. When he cant reach the bait he will climb on top to find another way. I think you could catch one on top of a single hay bail in the middle of a feild. They love to climb on top of things so they can look around better. This would work for coyotes also.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:08 PM
Fork Horn

In another post you were asking about coyote sets. I replied telling you about burying you trap in the dirt. My dad said if that didnt work, you could use coyote urine for bait. till the ground up afoot wide by about 18 inches . place a cow pile in the center with a trap on both sides. good luck!!!