Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Lighting Strikes Twice.....LOL...

Old 12-28-2009, 03:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default Lighting Strikes Twice.....LOL...

I personally like to hunt some very unconventional spots, for predators... So I should expect odd things to happen right.... Yes this has happened twice to me...

I was hunting on the edge of a abandoned farmsted, with my back up against a old wooden barn... One of those picture perfect spots.. a overgrown pasture, some Thickets along the creek...

So I get into a my first series, nice and soft... as Im looking across the pasture... just expecting that big ole coyote right... I had my back against the barn so I never checked the way I just came in... Well I let off a little struggle riff, not a full series just a teaser to keep anything interested right... as I start to scan again.. It felt like a I got hit with a basket ball right in my right side.. almost like I got kicked.. actually that was the first thing that came to my head... Reminded me of when I was young and Dad caught me doing something wrong.. That boot always let you know it was wrong... So as I look to my right here is a Raccoon with a dumbfounded look on his face... He didnt bite me... just rammed me... I dont know what he thought he was going to do with a meal my size.. but I give him props for have the guts to try... The last time it was a farm cat, on a farm... I dont know whats next... a mountainlion, I hope not...

MIke
Old 12-28-2009, 04:59 PM
bhw
Nontypical Buck

Good Story, Mike!
Old 12-28-2009, 05:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mike,

Possible he is blind/poor eye sight and you were just in his way ?

Part of the reason we love just getting out there !!!
Old 12-29-2009, 05:07 PM
Typical Buck

I'm guessing the 'coon was in the barn trying to take a nap and didn't appreciate all of the ruckus....

Lol..are you sure when you turned around it wasn't like..
Old 12-29-2009, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Too Funny!LMAO!!!