Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Whats the best time to hunt coyotes?

Old 12-15-2009, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I killed 1 bout 3 weeks ago,im gonna have him mounted.I'll post some pics when i git him back.That was a late afternoon hunt.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:18 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by 13pointjomc
I killed 1 bout 3 weeks ago,im gonna have him mounted.I'll post some pics when i git him back.That was a late afternoon hunt.
curious....how much does that set ya back, I have been wanting to get one mounted for our den.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Early morning has been best for me. But hunting them at night with lights on private land is the most exciting.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:26 AM
Fork Horn

Default Temperture... Knows best...

I have had success during anytime of the day... All depends on Weather, and a few other variables...

1. Coyote Desity
2. Food Availability
3. Pressure
4... the most important YOU...

If you get busted going into your stand... I dont care what time we are calling them... They are gone... and a whole lot smarter...

MIke
Old 12-16-2009, 06:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've been Bobcat hunting for the past three Saturdays and have ruined my hunt by having to shoot the yotes that come in from my calling.
Old 12-23-2009, 06:35 AM
Typical Buck

I am no expert, but all of the coyotes I have ever seen have been mid-day, including the one I shot while deer hunting several years ago. Now I have not actually hunted them so maybe they are more prevelant at dusk or at night.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:01 PM
Fork Horn

Have shot one in the morning while calling, three about 2 in the afternoon, and one at night. Have called in three at sundown but did not get shot opportunity. In the morning seems to be easiest for me. Then i can see them.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:36 PM
Spike

anytime is best from oct-end of march
Old 03-17-2010, 09:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

They are most active at night (in the dark).
Old 03-17-2010, 09:40 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Howler
If you're calling them and can't hunt at night with lights, then early morning is best, BUT they can be called any time during the day. How well they respond during the day time is affected by many variables. Availability of food source, coyote density, weather, calling pressure, etc.
Dusk and night are the best times in my area. I don't hunt with lights usually, but with a good scope, most clear nights with even half moon you can still pick up a good range... Full moons are easy pickings! Calling in morning and mid-day can be productive too, but it's usually more difficult. They are a lot more cautious in the light, and a lot less interested. They'll come up brazen and bold at night, but getting them to come into the open during daylight hours is much more difficult.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.