Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Yote pups/rabbit tape?

Old 02-27-2003, 10:44 AM

Default Yote pups/rabbit tape?

I have a tape with yote pups fighting over a rabbit that is squealing. I have used it several time with no success. What is the best time of the year to use this tape?
Old 02-27-2003, 03:50 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Yote pups/rabbit tape?

well i don' t have a coyote pup tape so i can' t say for sure what the problem is.but one thing that could be working against you is the time of year it is.try blowing on a fawn bawl in the dead of winter and you most likley will get no responce.do that same fawn bawl in august and within one min you will have at least one doe standing right in front of you.they just might relize that a coyote pup sound this time of year isn' t natural.try it in oct and you might have better luck.
Old 03-06-2003, 07:54 AM

Default RE: Yote pups/rabbit tape?

There could be a couple of different problems for why you haven' t had sucess. First, do you have a large population of coyotes in the area. The tape may work, but you may not be in the correct area. Second, yotes have their young ones around Feb/March area and the rabbit squeal tends to work pretty good because the mother is constantly hunting to feed the young ones. Hope this helps and good luck.