Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

New to the site from England

Old 02-08-2008, 01:58 PM

Default New to the site from England

Hi guys I am new to the site and do mostly clay shooting, but in any time I have spare I go out vermin control and general hunting and fishing. I have eben looking over the site and it looks great. I will be reading lots and posting little until I get clued up with what you guys get up to.

Rgds

Tony The Outlaw
Old 02-08-2008, 02:09 PM

Default RE: New to the site from England

Man, what kind of varmits yall got over there? What is the preferred weapon to use?
Old 02-08-2008, 07:11 PM

We have Rabbits, rats, tree rats or Grey squirrels, foxes, pigeon, rooks, crows, magpie, jays, some gulls, duck, goose, teal, snipe, and loads of other birds we call game.
I usually use a 12 bore over and under shot gun or an old Remington 1100 semi auto for things like rabbits and rats and grey squirrels I us a .22 air riffle not a section 1 that needs a special permit. There are loads to shoot here you just need the permission of the land owner or farmer a bit of insurance and a good day.

Tony
Old 02-10-2008, 07:14 AM

WE have squirrels, field rats, pigeon, crows, ducks & geese, snipe; but the real problems are coyotes, coons, rabbits,and bobcats. I generaly use my Mossberg 500for the birds and squirrels, but for coyotes, coons, rabbits, and bobcats i use whatever is closest cuz they dont slow down to give you time to go and pick which gun to use. When we spotlight coons & coyotes we normally use small caliber like .22's or .17's. WE use dogs for the rabbits and coons.
Old 02-10-2008, 06:00 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: London Outlaw

We have Rabbits, rats, tree rats or Grey squirrels, foxes, pigeon, rooks, crows, magpie, jays, muslims, some gulls, duck, goose, teal, snipe, and loads of other birds we call game.
I usually use a 12 bore over and under shot gun or an old Remington 1100 semi auto for things like rabbits and rats and grey squirrels I us a .22 air riffle not a section 1 that needs a special permit. There are loads to shoot here you just need the permission of the land owner or farmer a bit of insurance and a good day.

Tony

Hmm....
Old 02-10-2008, 07:55 PM

Yeah!! i thought the same thing but forgot to mention anything about it, WHAT IS A MUSLIM??? If its what i think it is thats MURDER!!!
Old 02-13-2008, 03:10 PM

Thats a sure sign you guys read the posts, well spotted, you sure aint daft over here. Right now that I know you are on the ball I know there wont be any rubbish going about like we get on sites over the pond.

Tony
Old 02-13-2008, 06:08 PM
Typical Buck

hey londonoutlaw, I hear you can"t say PACKY over there, we can say it , but were not sposta shoot"em.
Old 02-13-2008, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hi. Welcome to the site.