Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

i am sick of this

Old 01-24-2008, 08:38 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: i am sick of this

Right on guy,s here,s a little trick I learned back in high school remove the valve cap place a small pebble etc in the stem put the cap on until you here air coming out suck,s when you have 4 flats lol. Or just just pull the stems for the mote my buddy had problems with people dumping junk on a laneway into the bush so he dug a mote 7'wide and 4' across coverd it with a tarp or burlap then scattered leavse what ever across the top they drive in and the front drops.He was told by the police he could be held liable if anyone was ever hurt posted or not so be careful.
Old 01-25-2008, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

What ever you do be carefull, but make him pay, I hate people like that. they fit in right there with liers.
Old 01-25-2008, 04:23 PM

ORIGINAL: MarquetteMagnum

What ever you do be carefull, but make him pay,
that's up to law enforcement, not property owners.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:02 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Chadsgna

I'm interested to find out what all works (I have the same problem on our two sections of land with 4 gates). I like Gingerbears ideas personally.

The only thing that I have been doing that works good when I find an unattended trespassing vehicleis steal either one of the spark plugs (I always have a spark plug wrench in my back pocket for some reason - don't ask, ha ha) or I take the tires (wheel and all - I have a compressor on my truck with pneumatic jack and impact) and leave the truck sitting on rocks. Then I go and call the game warden and tell him where he can pick them up at for trespassing and poaching. Most of the time I get a great big thank you.

From the game warden (ha, ha, ha)

Most of the time he lets me keep the parts I took, he says it compensates me for my trouble. Some times when he doesn't catch them though (he lives several miles away) he goes home. I get out my 22-250 and perch on a spot where I can see the intruder when he comes back to try to retrieve the vehicle and pop off a couple of shots in the general direction (I couldn't ever really kill someone unless they are a mortal threat) usually within a few feet of their location, and they get lost in a hurry. Where I live the law says that anything left on a persons property for a certain ammount of time becomes the land owners (the person on who's property the "thing" was left)property. I usually use it to pay a few bills if the game warden doen't catch themby the time it becomes mine.
Shooting at people and keeping and selling parts from vehicles.Id love to live in your state!!!!!!
Old 01-25-2008, 06:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Saw your update. Score one for the good guys!!
Old 01-25-2008, 08:41 PM
Typical Buck

Awsome! Glad you finally caught them.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:28 PM

Default RE: I am sick of this

Glad to see it worked out. I hope he does state time. Anytime anyone takes the situation into their own hands, make sure you know the laws of your area. Vigilante justice just don't fly no more.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:49 AM

ORIGINAL: 20 slugs

Right on guy,s here,s a little trick I learned back in high school remove the valve cap place a small pebble etc in the stem put the cap on until you here air coming out suck,s when you have 4 flats lol. Or just just pull the stems for the mote my buddy had problems with people dumping junk on a laneway into the bush so he dug a mote 7'wide and 4' across coverd it with a tarp or burlap then scattered leavse what ever across the top they drive in and the front drops.He was told by the police he could be held liable if anyone was ever hurt posted or not so be careful.
I'm just curious about something, cause that doesn't sound right. How can you be liable for digging a hole on your property if somebody you don't know, and isn't supposed to be on your property drives into it. All you gotta do is make up a reason you dug it. That would be like somebody trespassing and climbing in your treestand then falling out. You couldn't possibly be held liable for that whether they get hurt or not.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:52 AM

ORIGINAL: Fanofde4ever

You couldn't possibly be held liable for that whether they get hurt or not.
oh young padawan. of course you can!! people can sue for anything these days. and even if you're not found guilty, you still have to pay some scummy lawyer to defend you.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:30 PM
Typical Buck

haha i'm a law student half way to becoming a "scummy lawyer" but just for the record if you start taking the law into your own hands you are playing a dangerous game. we have problems with trespassers too and the thought occured to use a nail board to take out tires and such, but we made a point to ask a DEC officer and he said we can be held liable if someone were hurt. You have to think about it this way, what if someone hits your trap and blows out a tire but it doing so they lose control, hit a tree and die. yes they are a jerk for trespassing but do you think them dying would be a proper punishment? i don't care how much you dislike trespassers, the punishment would not fit the crime. What if someone honestly gets lost and steps in your moat and breaks a leg, and cannot get out to call for help and dies? Also when you start doing things like that you might cause someone to retaliate and then when does it go too far? eventually people get hurt. These are the things that the law is usually trying to prevent, they don't want people to turn to vigilantes and take the law into their own hands.
Anyways i don't mean to sound preachy, because in my heart i have had the same thoughts and feel the same frusterations about trespassers, i just wanted to explain where the laws are coming from. Besides not all lawyers are scummy, some of them are hunters too!

PS: What is the difference between a lawyer and a bucket of pond scum? the bucket haha

Quick Reply: i am sick of this

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.