Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Snow means... RABBIT HUNTING (pics added)

Old 12-01-2007, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Snow means... RABBIT HUNTING (pics added)

Well fellow hunters, it has become time when the snow is on the ground, the mornings are brisk, and the dogs are raring to go. This will be my first major rabbit hunt of the year, exluding training dates for the dogs. I have a nice 100 acrearea lined up for the dogs, and another 80. It was a brisk one here in MI, so we are letting it warm up and will hit the woods about ten. Anyone else heading out? Pics will come as soon as wee return.

Good Luck, Safe Hunting ~ BH14

EDIT::
Got back in a while ago but had to fill the duty of getting a Christmas Tree and all. We bagged a single rabbit, but had two nice runs. I let this rabbit circle twice before we shot it. The other rabbit circled once and I missed, then holed up before it came around again. They were sitting tight, with big storms to come. The season has begun!

The Doggies

The Bunny

Old 12-01-2007, 06:57 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Snow means... RABBIT HUNTING (pics to come)

Yep been hunting the entire season. I guess our season starts earlier than your guyz does. But Ive filled my limit everyday except for a couple of times that we only got 1 or 2. But we have a whole bunch of meat for the winter. I'll send some pics also as soon as I get my new camera in a couple of days.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Snow means... RABBIT HUNTING (pics to come)

Now we're talking!!! Been out a handfull of times &shot 19 so far and have since quit carrying the gun several weeks ago. Now I'm taking a video camera or my son and just enjoying listening and watching the dogs do what they love so much!