Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Yote attacks baby

Old 04-14-2007, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Yote attacks baby

We have a year round season here, so the survivors are relatively cagey. I have been impressed by their size. Awful hard on small pets and they are a known danger to small children. I have a couple coworkers that under under threat from packs in the country but they just won't get a piece & shoot. Yet.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:05 AM

Sounds like something needs to be done about that.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Contrary to popular belief,a coyote population can be squashed with the right bunch of people,and the heart needed to spend the time doing it.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:04 PM

I think someone is on crack, 130 yotes in 30 days!!!! come on man i need proof before i believe that. Got any picts???
Old 04-15-2007, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

That was 150 in 30 days.Then i quit counting.I had days with bad weather where i only got 3-4 but alot of days the truck had a dozen.I do have some pics, but they are too large to post,ive tried a bunch of times but i guess theres just too many yotes in it!
Old 04-15-2007, 09:25 PM
Typical Buck

I posted about this last week and people were assuming we didn't have a season here in New Jerkey I mean Jersey (but no open season, yet). The problem is when they live in arears you can't hunt even with a bow such as parks, small wood lots in neighborhoods it makes it hard to kill them when they are sneaking around at night.. On top of it you can't use a rifle on them at night (shotgun only) but you can during the day with a 100grain bullet or less. I personally had one in my scope during shotgun season while doing a deer drive. Me and a friend saw the tracks in the snow and I knew from how hard it was snowing that it wasn't far in from of us. When i got about 100yrds from it I laid down to take the shot and my buddie put his hand over my scope! I whispered to him "what the
!@#* are you doing he replyed "I can't let you shoot someones dog" I said man I am a taxidermist and I KNOW A YOTE when I see one. He actually casted doubt in my mind for a second only because it must have weighed 60-70 pounds! It was the biggest one I have ever seen! I think it would have been some kind of record or something. They said our yotes in Jersey are wolf hybrids that is why they are so big. Mind you these things just started shoing up in huntable #s just a few years ago. There is chatter about the state F&Wreleasing them in the southern part of NJ but i don't know what to believe?
Old 04-16-2007, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.(That rule of thumb has always worked for me)
Old 04-16-2007, 06:59 AM

ORIGINAL: furgitter

I do have some pics, but they are too large to post,ive tried a bunch of times but i guess theres just too many yotes in it!
E-mail them to me at [email protected] and I will resize them and post them for you.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

"Contrary to popular belief,a coyote population can be squashed with the right bunch of people,and the heart needed to spend the time doing it."

Yes they certainly can be quashed. But folks have to get together and work at it.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:34 PM

ORIGINAL: NJheadhunter71

here is chatter about the state F&Wreleasing them in the southern part of NJ but i don't know what to believe?
That is an old wives tale. I had heard that about here, as well as other places. Saw an article done on it once. I have never seen a shread of proof behind it. They naturally migrate to new places. When they migrated in, somebody decided it was the local F&W for whatever reason most likely.

Quick Reply: Yote attacks baby

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.