Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Moose in trouble

Old 02-15-2007, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Moose in trouble

Phil.. are you Jake in disguise??
1) Coyotes hunt intwo's or three'sat most not in sevens..
2) You show me an 80 pound coyote I'll show you a $100 bill.
3) Six feet long? You sure you aint talkin bout that moose?
4) You stories are out of whack. Kill a wolve spend time in jail? Come on man.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:15 PM

Phil I never said you don't have wolves in Maine I've don't know if you do or not. I said I think you have never seen one in the wild. Have you seen a wolf in the wild how about closer than 100 yards. The zoo dosen't count either. 6 foot long coyote That would be a nice black bear.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

6 foot long coyote man you are truely something man. That would be a nice black bear.
Sorry man, but a friend had caught it 10 miles from here trapping. I have asked for a picture to be e-mailed and I am still waiting I had ask him a week ago. Here in Maine coyotes do in fact kill in packs! Sorry if you folks have never seen or heard of it before but, that is the way it is here in the winter months!

Phil are you really this stupid.
Once I get the pic and I will keep after him for a copy of it I will most deffinately show you who is the stupid one LOL.
fingerz I also see you are not very old so I can excuse your comments!
Phil.. are you Jake in disguise??
Heck no, not I but, I do have over33 years in the Maine woods and apparently some of you haven't spent much time in the real woods!

4) You stories are out of whack. Kill a wolve spend time in jail? Come on man.
The federal penn to be exact as they are protected by the feds. It is a felony to shoot one. He thought it was a bear because it was black and then talked about it and the state sent it in and wham the guy ended up in jail.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:03 PM

Fingerz people do infact go to jail for shooting a wolf and coyotes do attack in packs. While Ice fishing a few yrs ago I seen 9 yotes chase a deer onto Ice and kill it. Phil answer the question have you seen a wolf in the wild up close?
Old 02-15-2007, 06:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

Old 02-15-2007, 07:51 PM

ORIGINAL: Phil from Maine
Once I get the pic and I will keep after him for a copy of it I will most deffinately show you who is the stupid one LOL.
I know very little about differentiating wolves from coyotes, so I won't enter that part of the discussion.

I just find it humorous when someone refers to someone else as being stupid and proceeds to make 2 different spelling errors in the same word, definitely, in that sentence.

Old 02-15-2007, 08:05 PM

Phil the point I make is you shouldn't be in the woods where wolves and coyotes roam unless you know the difference.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

[blockquote]quote:

If you think them are yotes please come here to Wisconsin and do some yote hunting. We could use some wolf population thinning. [/blockquote]

If you think they are wolves come to Maine! It has been documented that at times coyotes do in fact take down moose. The coyotes here are known as the eastern coyote. They are a cross between wolve and coyote making the a hybred killing machine. Yes they take a lot of prey from the hind leggs as well. It is not uncommon for an adult coyote to reach 80lbs. here. However most that are shot or trapped are normally smaller as they are the younger ones.
This I believe is my origanal statement, I was answering a responce that left me to believe that coyotes wouldn't take down a moose as stated before this quote. In fact here in Maine they have, not just sick ones as stated here either. From cows to four pointers is what they have taken down. I also do not believe in fact that I had stated what they was inthis statement above thank you!

Phil the point I make is you shouldn't be in the woods where wolves and coyotes roam unless you know the difference. Just like somebody shouldn't pheasant hunt if they don't know a cock from a hen. If you've spent 41 yrs in the woods and haven't learned anything I feel sorry for you. Size isn't the only factor telling me them are wolves they just have a look about them and your eyes need work.
When ever I do get that photo e-mailed to me I will post as what it is a 80 pound coyote and you will quickly see how close they will look like each other. Yes in fact it is 6 feet long as well, to say that they do not exist here is wrong as they in fact do.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

they were for sure wolves.

you two guys that think coyotes don't pack up to hunt are mistaken. we have big packs running here (upstate NY)

furthermore, i personally arrowed a 62 lb coyote 5 years ago while deer hunting. i have seen many over 50 lbs, so i don't think 80 lbs is out of the question. ever see how much bigger a maine deer is than a PA or NY deer? MUCH bigger.

our AVERAGE Yote is 25 to 35 lbs... but that does not mean they don't get bigger.

calling people names was'nt really necessary, was it? especially since you really did'nt have a valid argument...
Old 02-16-2007, 06:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks moose

Quick Reply: Moose in trouble

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.