Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

what to do with a dead coyote

Old 02-07-2007, 06:44 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: what to do with a dead coyote

I wish I could find someone to buy them in the round,only thing we got are a couple of traveling fur buyers. put up fur only
Old 02-07-2007, 08:35 PM

usually u get a few more bucks if u skin em i believe..at least that is the case with muskrats and coon...coon adds nearly $5 if therye skinned properly!!..its worth the time to skin them.it doesnt take too long..especially if theyre still warm..the hide peels right off!!
Old 02-09-2007, 08:05 PM

how to skin: Spray lots of bug spray first all over coyote!!!!!!
start on back hocks and and cut a line up the back of the leg to the anus vent. Then do the same with the other hind leg. Then cut from anus all the way down the under side of the tail. If you cut about 1/3to 1/2 thw way and work the skin off the thick part of tail you can pull the tail bone out by pulling on the bone. then just work the skin off of the body in a tube from those cuts. cut the front legs off at the elbow and becareful in the armpit area when skinning, very thin. Then continue to peel the skin off in a tube and becareful their skin is soft.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:53 PM
Fork Horn

I hope that some of you guys dont just shoot them and leave them lay, what a waste