Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

BOBCAT?

Old 11-11-2006, 01:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default BOBCAT?

we were out hunting on friday here in potter county ,pa.near crossforks..

we both got our bucks this week archery hunting and i could not find my arrow so i went back to look for it..

i no sooner walked into woods i heard awful sounding bark like sound..i thought, oh boy, here comes coyote because i never heard sound like that from any other animal in woods..

so, i waited with my shotgun, i thought, that coyote is coming right for me..

then, into opening it came..it winded me and stopped..i thought, should i shoot, no, i want to make sure its a yote..but waitng will cause you to loose a yote..

i waited.. then after strairing at me it moved a little..guess what it was? BOBCAT..

in all years in woods, 50 i never heard a bobcat barking like that..

does anyone know why he was doing that or have heard it before?
Old 11-11-2006, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: BOBCAT?

Hairball?
Old 11-11-2006, 09:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

when bobcats are in heat..(which i dont think they are right now but i have no idea honestly) but nonetheless when bobcats are in heat they make some god awful sounds.. that could be what you heard..
Old 11-11-2006, 09:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: fingerz42

when bobcats are in heat..(which i dont think they are right now but i have no idea honestly) but nonetheless when bobcats are in heat they make some god awful sounds.. that could be what you heard..
could be it,i never in my life thought it would be a BOBCAT making that sound..you could hear that for distance too..

Old 11-16-2006, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: BOBCAT? question for Brutal Attack

Bump.

BA, if you are checking in on this forum, what makes a bobcat sound like he is barking?

Thanks
Old 11-16-2006, 09:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: BOBCAT? question for Brutal Attack

We have alot of bobcats out here but usually never see them let alone hear them bark. I do recall hearing something to that effect during a camping trip with my dad. I think maybe 20 minutes or so, give or take, saw a bobcat near by.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:57 PM

ORIGINAL: sproulman

we were out hunting on friday here in potter county ,pa.near crossforks..

we both got our bucks this week archery hunting and i could not find my arrow so i went back to look for it..

i no sooner walked into woods i heard awful sounding bark like sound..i thought, oh boy, here comes coyote because i never heard sound like that from any other animal in woods..

so, i waited with my shotgun, i thought, that coyote is coming right for me..

then, into opening it came..it winded me and stopped..i thought, should i shoot, no, i want to make sure its a yote..but waitng will cause you to loose a yote..

i waited.. then after strairing at me it moved a little..guess what it was? BOBCAT..

in all years in woods, 50 i never heard a bobcat barking like that..

does anyone know why he was doing that or have heard it before?
It was a Bobyotecat.
Old 11-17-2006, 01:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

bobyotecat,hmmmmmmmmm..
Old 11-20-2006, 04:36 PM
Typical Buck

lol thats funny couldnt tell ya
Old 11-20-2006, 07:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: madmax83192

lol thats funny couldnt tell ya
lately we all are hearing sounds in woods of pa. that we never have..bobcat making crazy sounds, yotes laughing,yes that what it sounds to me like someone laughing at ya..

deer are disappearing now and being replaced with PREDATORS..

i heard a good one today out bear hunting..many are not coming back do to TICKS..i have to agree, they are nasty this year..

Quick Reply: BOBCAT?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.