Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

primos coyote calls??

Old 10-25-2006, 07:57 AM

Default primos coyote calls??

i bought one of the primos coyote calls how has they worked for you.
Old 10-25-2006, 03:23 PM

Default RE: primos coyote calls??

don't like them really. The Ki-yi is sposed to be good but hard to learn. The lil' dog is ok for howls but thats it.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've got a howler that I like pretty good. But it is large, so I don't carry it very often.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:51 AM

I just purchased one of the videos on hunting with the Primos calls. I think the guys name is Anderson that helped develop them.

Anyway, I am going to start hunting coyotes this year in eastern Washington and know absolutely nothing about it. An oldtimer I know hunted them years ago and would love to go and show me "a thing or two". But, I know technology and techniques change over the years.

So, which calls do you recommend? I know there are a ton of instructional cds/dvds but which would you recommend? Any other info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 10-28-2006, 08:44 AM
Fork Horn

the hot dog call is supposed to be great
Old 10-29-2006, 09:07 PM

I've got the Hot Dog, Double Whammy,and the Little Dog pair. The Hot Dog is a bit hard to use but I love the Little Dog. I use about 7 different howlers. Little Dog, an old hand made one, and a Knight and Hale are my favorites.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:24 PM

I just bought the Little Dog pair yesterday. Came with a DVD, which I watched about half of it.

Ranger and/or others, there are so many different types of sounds you can make with this call. I really want to keep it basic at the beginning as I am new to all this. So.......I would like to learn 2-3 different calls using the Little Dog, so hopefully I won't screw up right in the middle of things.

Any recommendations?
Old 10-31-2006, 02:27 AM

You can make a lot of different sounds with this and most calls. I'm no pro for sure but I've been doing it many years and have seen what changing up calls can do. After a few hunts the coyotes will get smart to your calling, especially if you use the same call over and over. Changing it up will increase the number of successful hunts in an area.But sooner or later they get educated and won't come in at all, especially hunting in the East.
As for screwing up with the call, I do sometimes make a noise that doesn't sound like a coyote. At least not one from this planet. I usually quickly follow it up with a good call, like a bunch of yelps, barks,and short howls.
ORIGINAL: cascadedad

I just bought the Little Dog pair yesterday. Came with a DVD, which I watched about half of it.

Ranger and/or others, there are so many different types of sounds you can make with this call. I really want to keep it basic at the beginning as I am new to all this. So.......I would like to learn 2-3 different calls using the Little Dog, so hopefully I won't screw up right in the middle of things.

Any recommendations?
Old 11-21-2006, 01:10 AM
Fork Horn

Lil dog seem to be the most usefull. I use those for howling. I use a diaphragm call for distress sounds. I have purchased and regreted that purchase of the hot dog and the ki yi. The ki yisounds all can be made with the lil dog.

Old 11-26-2006, 04:41 PM

Myself I prefer custom made open reeds. They usually produce alot more true sound and can be better manipulated by the caller. I rely on this fella for my calls http://www.arkyyoter.net/and they have dont excellent for me and he is very reasonably priced. If you are interested in more predator call info check out predatormasters.com which has forums just for calling, custom call making, etc. there are number of members there who make top notch customcallsand are full of advice.

Quick Reply: primos coyote calls??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.