Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

trapped my first yote pic??

Old 01-19-2006, 06:35 PM

Default trapped my first yote pic??

caaught my first yote on a #2 duke trap and killed her with three 22s to the head i would put a pic on here but i dont know how

Old 01-19-2006, 07:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: trapped my first yote pic??

If the file is small enough, you can post a reply and use the click here to upload feature. Or you can upload the picture to another site, like photobucket, and then use the add link () button.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:18 PM

Sarge, when you titled the post, "Trapped my first yote pic???", were you unsure that it was a yote or what? The title is misleading I think with the question mark and all....
Old 01-22-2006, 06:57 AM

save yourself the hassel of learning to post pics until after you find a caliber or ammo that will kill those yotes with 1 shot. especially one that is trapped and shot at close range!!! 3 SHOTS?? come on!!!!!
Old 01-29-2006, 06:19 PM

Please don't be so critical browning.204, give the guy a break. Sure hate it when others are critical and dont "think" before they post, he must be a new comer to trapping and we all should be so lucky to have some help on the forums, webistes ect without getting bashed or criticized, not cool.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Sarge!
Old 01-30-2006, 01:24 PM

b204 ; maybe he killed with the first shot and just wante dto be sure.a 22 is the cal. of choise for most trappers.
he is looking for help and not a leg stripping.

sarge cbr ; congrats on the yote. from what I hear they are hare to trap unless you use a snare."You Done Did Good".

hope to see the pic. soon.do you have them hosted somewhere like photobucket? if not that is the esy way to post them.at least for me it is.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:37 PM

[/align]
[blockquote]
ORIGINAL: browning.204

save yourself the hassel of learning to post pics until after you find a caliber or ammo that will kill those yotes with 1 shot. especially one that is trapped and shot at close range!!! 3 SHOTS?? come on!!!!!
They aren't even worth 3 shots. Give him a break. Many veterin trappersjust use a good stick. Hate Wolves/coyotes with a passion. Good job and lets see those pics!
[/blockquote]
Old 02-01-2006, 04:01 AM

The double duece has probable killed more things then any other caliber. Birds to what ever, the mob loves it one shot to head, bounces around inside tearing up everthing. I have shot yote out to 50 yards with my .22 and killed them. I don't recommend it, but it not a toy.
Old 02-06-2006, 05:29 PM

Hey browning204, have you ever TRAPPED a coyote? Using your own words... "an animal at close range" aka... point blank doesn't need anything more thana .22 round to the head. If you use anything higher powered for a trapped animal, you're an idiot. Bigger calibers cause more damage to the pelt, which reduces value, which is one of the biggest disrespectful things you can do to an animal you are harvesting. Trust me, when you get your first coyote in a trap, or anything for that matter, that shows teeth whenever you come near it, you're not gonna just walkup to it with a stick until you're used to it, so lay off. One shot would have done it, yes, but it's ok to make sure the animal is dead.

Quick Reply: trapped my first yote pic??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.