Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Pressuring Coyote's??

Old 01-10-2006, 09:56 AM

Default Pressuring Coyote's??

One of the farms I hunt has a large population of coyotes on it. We have seen as many as 5 together at one time and they just seem to be everywhere (more coyote sign then deer sign) This one farm is about 720 acres mostly agriculture fields with small wood lots on it and a thick marshy river bottom running through it. My question is how often is too often to be sitting out there calling these guys? We just went out this past saturday for the first time and only had one that we saw come in to the call.
I only have the 720 acres to hunt but with adjoining land there is probably like 3000 acres for these guys to roam. I wanted to go back the next day and try again but didn't not wanting to run them off or educate to many. How much time do you guys let pass before going back again?????
Old 01-10-2006, 09:59 AM

Default RE: Pressuring Coyote's??

Im reeli Kan Spel gud......
Old 01-10-2006, 11:26 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Pressuring Coyote's??

We despise them down here so we give them sufficient pressure to keep moving along and not come back .

The dumb ones get to stay awhile ...