Community
Scopes and Sights Discuss firearm scopes, sights and related accessories here.

Nikon Pro Staff BDC VS Nikon Omega BDC

Old 03-01-2011, 04:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default Nikon Pro Staff BDC VS Nikon Omega BDC

I am interested in the Nikon Pro Staff BDC for my 30.06. I have heard great things about it and the Nikon Omega for Inlines. My question is, can I put the Pro Staff on my Inline also or do I have to use the Omega. Can anyone tell me the difference between the two? I understand that the crosshairs may be set up different for the different velocities and trajectories, but by using the "spot on ballistic match", it seems like I should be able to find loads that will match up for my inline and the pro staff. Any advice would be helpful.

Hope this is okay in this section. It pertains to whitetail hunting. Sorry in advance if it isn't!!!

Last edited by Huntingtherut; 03-01-2011 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 03-02-2011, 11:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Depends on the reticle for me.

I don't like circles on BDC reticles, I like shorter cross hairs.

Here is what I perfer;

http://www.burrisoptics.com/pdf/BALLPLEX.pdf
Old 03-02-2011, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Sheridan

I don't like circles on BDC reticles, I like shorter cross hairs.
I shot a ruger with the nikon prostaff with the BDC reticle and i didn't care for circles either.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, it's fine to put your Prostaff on an inline muzzle loader. The only thing is that like you said, you'd have to shoot it to find out which line hit where as it wouldn't be optimized for the muzzle loader. That being said like the above poster, I don't really like the BDC reticle, but that's just a personal preference.