Community
Saltwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of saltwater fishing.

keni pennisula

Old 07-12-2004, 09:34 PM
Typical Buck

Default keni pennisula

im going to be travelling around the keni pennisula in a month and i plan on fishing alot so i was wondering if anyone has tips on what i should use for lures and flies. i will be fishing off of shore. Im not to put this in salt water of fresh so i put it here sorry if its wrong.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:50 PM

Default RE: keni pennisula

I would go with a flourescent colors of pixies for silvers, and anything bright for reds. I have never fished for king salmon on the Kenai I am always in the boat!
Old 07-13-2004, 01:13 PM
Typical Buck

Ok so bright colors should i be using big lures to get some wieght so the lures get down deep or are the fish kinda suspended? im talking about fishing in rivers
Old 07-14-2004, 11:58 AM

I fish on the Kenai river so that is what works there. For reds you use waits to keep it bouncing on the bottom and you try to snag them in the mouth by jerking the pole towards the shore and taking in line. Then throw it 15' up river and do it again! Silvers from the shore you get a spinner bait and throw it out into the river and crank it at a medium speed back to you. Middle weighted lures are best.