Community
Saltwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of saltwater fishing.

What to fish for?

Old 04-17-2003, 05:20 PM

Default What to fish for?

I go salt water fishing in New Jersey. What fish is really good to fish for right now? I think that stripers are in but im not sure.
Old 04-18-2003, 07:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What to fish for?

Strippers are in and getting better everyday till the heat of summer,Flounder is picking up as the water warms, The season end soon May 31st. Fluke Opens May3rd but usually doesn' t really kick-in till June. There are some Seabass and Ling offshore on the Party Boats And you may even be one of the elite to happen to catch a COD, But the Draggers seemed to have pretty much wiped out that Fishery a while ago. There Just memories for me now. Hope this Helps. Sand or Bloodworms for Flounder,Clams,Bunker,Sandworms, Lures for Strippers, Squid and Killies for Fluke. Squid for Seabass,Crabs for Blackfish And Clams for Ling and COD. Good Luck PS, If you Have your own Boat I would Troll Umbrella Rigs off Sandy Hook, in the Rip,Romer Shoals and Along the edge of the Channels.
Old 04-20-2003, 08:01 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What to fish for?

Good info from Jerseyhunter, as I remember April 19 is the peak of the Mackeral season off Barnegat Inlet. I remember this date because it is also the peak date for the Shad run at Lambertville. I always had difficulty deciding which to go for.

One Shot One Kill Striper Phil