Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Anneal then Resize?

Old 05-02-2005, 10:52 AM

Default RE: Anneal then Resize?

You should be able to get temp sticks (like crayons) at a welding supply store - they'll tell you temps.
Old 05-02-2005, 10:56 AM
Dominant Buck

BC, 10-4
Old 05-02-2005, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

BC, man don't be so hard, maybe you need some annealling?
Just joking, man ! Just joking!
hehehehe lol @ Rebel........BC's old lady says just the opposite, is there an opposite to annealing (you know harden him up)
Old 05-02-2005, 03:25 PM
Dominant Buck

Sure glad you guys are friends!
Old 05-02-2005, 05:59 PM
DM

The way i've always annealed brass was to clean and deprime it, then stand it in a pan of water up to near the shoulder. I then use a propane torch around the neck untill it changed to the desired color. Once that was done, i'd knock it over into the pan of water and go to the next one.
I figured from what i said above, you got the answer you wanted???? I clean and deprime, NO i didn't say i resize, because if the necks are "springing back" (brittle) why bother resizeing untill the necks are annealed?????

I deprime to let the water into the case, so did i answer or am i so old i can't follow your question???

Hell, i don't even know if "i've" been insulted or not???? Let me know if you'd rather i didn't "try" to help you out next time, as no sense in me takeing "my" time to read your post if feel that way.

Drilling Man
Old 05-02-2005, 06:07 PM
bigcountry

Not at all DM. I appreciate your advise and yes you helped answer my question. I always appreciate what you have to say.

Old 05-02-2005, 06:10 PM
bigcountry

Maybe what I said is hard to understand so let me clarify there are a few on here like JamesB, oldelk and yourself that I greatly appreciate sharing you knowledge. DM, you rarely but in on a post to tell us that it has to be done your way. Its usually, a straight answer to a question or you leave it alone.

Old 05-02-2005, 06:23 PM
DM

Thanks for answering.

I really do try to help out, but sometimes it's very hard to get what i'm thinking into words, and then there's the problem that people don't always use the same terms all over the country.

On top of that, the mfg's are always trying to re-invent the wheel to get NEW sales!! (your money)

Anyway, in my gunshop i RARELY charged for solveing reloading problems, and i had a standing policy, i'd solve EVERY problem that came through the door, or i'd find someone who could!!

Another thing, i always said, you drag it through the door and i can make ammo for it!!!

Over the years i made good on everything that came through the door!! But, it's a lot different here, when you don't have the problem in your hands to see for your self, with the person sitting beside you to talk to!!

Drilling Man