Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

question from a novice

Old 07-31-2003, 09:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: question from a novice

Hey writer500:

I AM NOT YOUR PAL!!!
Old 08-01-2003, 09:52 AM

I' m a big fan of Louis L' Amour partially because he has a very good knowledge of his subject matter and a command of the language they used, partly because he lived the life of many of his subjects. He was believable and credible because he didn' t come across as an idiot when he would discuss his firearms and situations. For instance, he wasn' t going to put a ' 73 Winchester in the hands of a man in 1824. (or an Ouzi in the hands of a Cambodian)

I suggest you put your creative juices into writing about something you know about. (Like agitating guys on a Hunting BB.)
If you can' t find a subject worth writing on live life for a while longer, then write.
Old 08-01-2003, 10:00 AM
bigcountry

Well, I did score genius scores in mathimatics 15 years ago, but to say I am a genius, I don' t think so. I have a masters in engineering. But no, I disagree. I don' t think suggests genius' s. But I appreciate the compliment. Now you are probably not too smart.

Right now beside me I have my South Korean freind Cho Sihyung who is telling me that this guy (writer500) is full of it, and don' t know what he is talking about.

Old 08-01-2003, 10:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Isn' t it always like a liberal to view people that own guns or belong to the gun culture as somewhat less intelligent then themselves. They know everything including how to run your life and don' t hesitate in telling someone that.
Old 08-01-2003, 01:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

look, no one has a problem with hunters using guns for sport. some people want to get rid of guns because they end up being used by criminals. i don' t rwally know much about the NRA, but if gun users want to protect their rights, they should -- and maybe they are, i really don' t know -- but they should help keep guns from falling into the hands of criminals. that' s how they get a bad rap
writer, I completely agree with all the above other members who responded to your inquiry..We DON' t need any more fictitious " hunters" out shooting humans.

As to the above, I must inform you that it is NOT possible to keep guns out of the hands of criminals... In many countries, criminals are the ONLY people who have them. It is only possible to punish those who misuse firarms after the fact.

Holding people accountable for their actions is the American way, IT IS NOT imposing prior restraints on anyone, which is a concept anathema to liberty!!!! As a matter of fact, there are people who think radio, movies, TV, and yes, literature, (for those not too stupid to read!!) full of violence is at least partly responsible for a lot of the real violence that occurs in our country today.

I am sorry, but you have come to the wrong place for help in your endeavor, methinks!!

Despite what you may think, armed crime in this country has seen a significant decline since 1990. And the U.S. DOES NOT have a greater level of gun violence than any other country! Just check out Liberia, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Rwanda, for instance!! And there' s a hell of a lot of armed violence in Northern Ireland, and the people are prohibited from defending themselves there!![>:]
Old 08-01-2003, 04:29 PM

it is true, zacko, i guess i have discovered a new talent - i can get a bunch of fart-blowers pissed off just by telling the simple truth.

superfly or whatever your handle is, you are clearly no genius, math or otherwise. let' s get real here.

i guess there might be an intelligence problem here. i know because none of you appears to read simple English very well (except grizzlybear). I have said several times that I' m not anti-guns, and it was me that pointed out that outlawing guns would only disarm law-abiding citizens. And, there is no question that violent crime is much higher in places like Rwanda - which is why I said the U.S. has the highest among HIGHLY DEVELOPED NATIONS. read the fine print, pal.

Obviously you all should run a site on world culture, since you know everything there is to know about England, Australia, Korea, etc. I have been to some of these places - and no, not on a tour bus you fools - your version of things is totally paranoid and inaccurate. I have lived in Asia myself, in Taiwan; South Korea is one of the economic " little tigers" and does not have nearly the kinds of crime and chaos you' re talking about; maybe here and there, like anyplace, but there is no comparison between Seoul and, say, Cambodia, or even Thailand.

anything else? i' m starting to enjoy this. i got my research answers a couple days ago.

Old 08-01-2003, 04:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Isn' t it always like a liberal to view people that own guns or belong to the gun culture as somewhat less intelligent then themselves. They know everything including how to run your life and don' t hesitate in telling someone that.
My quote holds so true....I believe our little pantywaist is trying to impress us with his marvelous intelegencia.
Old 08-01-2003, 05:16 PM
bigcountry

Ok, get it right. I really hope you are not going to be a writer. I don' t see any future in it for you. First you say I am a genius. Which I clearly explain that I am not. I work with some of the finest scientist, but I am not so I know what genius' s are. Then you tell me I am not. I don' t know much about you liberals. But you have pick one side or the other. Your not making much sense. Then you say superfly. You seem to have issues being able to look up a post and read a handle. No Earnest Hemingway here. By the way, I know he was a little fruity, but I bet he know the answers you are seeking. You know why, common knowledge. You don' t have it obviously.

Now, speaking of being an idiot. You didn' t even know this was page dealing with reloading of bullets. Only knowledge you have is what you saw on TV. So this set the tone of what we thought of your intelligence. By the way, how is it possible for you to do all this traveling be so ignorant is the area of guns. Anyway, it figures. Anybody that has been around and met the people you say you have, I would have thought be a tad smarter on this subject.

I am a fiber optic engineer and have been for a decade dealing with propagation of light going thru the subterrestial systems at 3 terrabits. The reason I travel so much is I have to be at these cable heads in coastal areas like Porthcurno, England, and Sidney, Aust., Tokoyo, Japan, and etc. So when you do this, you get an up close and personal feel for these people instead of you taking the 5 cent tour like liberals like yourself take.

Listen, your not going to get any answers here. Everybody tried to educate you, but you refuse or you are not capable of learning anything unless its said by Hillary Clinton. Why should we conform to your views when all you know is what you see on TV or read? You said it yourself in your initial post. Also, how do you know what intelligence I have in the mathimatics field. That statement also shows how worldly you are.

Old 08-01-2003, 05:24 PM

superfly, you amaze me. when i called you a genius the first time, it was in total sarcasm.

even your rock headed buddies figured that one out.
Old 08-01-2003, 08:34 PM
bigcountry

" superfly" , I like that. Was always a wrestling fan in the 80s. So your an internet tough guy? I wonder if you would be so bold face to face? Doubt it.

Quick Reply: question from a novice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.