Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

resize hunting cases

Old 04-02-2003, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: resize hunting cases

For my 06 I' ll neck size and then full length size every 4' th loading, for my 6.5x55 and .307, I full length size every time, the swede I won' t pay that much for a neck sizer and the .307 is tube fed lever action. For the ground hog gun I don' t even want to start with everything I do to prep the brass but for the most part gets full length sized or chucked only when the bolt starts to feel sticky. That' s just me check out what some bench rest shooters do. I read an article in the Rifle Handloader about this subject. Test results showed that full length sized brass group sizes were only slightly larger and that there were no real detrimental effects to the brass being full length sized every load. These are guys that shoot probably 2000-5000 rds a month from just about anything imaginable.