Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

speers shotshells

Old 03-27-2008, 03:49 PM
Spike

Default speers shotshells

Hello everyone, I have a question to anyone that might tell me how to reload speer shotshells for a .357 mag. i know how to reload bullets, my dad passed away and i have all his reload equitment and my son and i shoot s&w .357 and my dad did the reloading for the shotshell, i have all is empty cases and powder , just don't know how to load them, small game season is about to hit , so i need to get my butt moving and start loading , any one with the know how i would be greatful Thanks Mike, my email is [email protected] thanks again [8D]

Old 03-27-2008, 03:53 PM
Spike

Default RE: speers shotshells

p.s ...I really need aI know not a I think you do this or that , really want someone that knows Thanks again Mike
Old 03-27-2008, 10:08 PM
Typical Buck

Do you have a Speer reloading manual? They have instruction in the book. The capsules, once the shot is poured in and the cap snapped on, they insert into the case just like a bullet. If you don't have a manual you should get one, it will have averything you need to know about reloading in it.
Old 03-28-2008, 02:46 AM
Spike

i do have a manual but it does not explain everything, i know how to load the cap with beebees and i size the shell and hand slip the cap in do i need to crimp or just hand slide . thanks mike
Old 03-28-2008, 06:15 AM
Typical Buck

Yes, they do need a crimp to hold them in the case. Be carefull adjusting the crimp, a little at a time, too much crimp and the plastic could break. You'll probably end up crimping about the same as a normal bullet. And the cap end goes inside the case too. I've never broke the plastic cup and never had one come apart either. Just be carefull, it's not rocket science.
Old 03-29-2008, 03:09 AM
Spike

Thank goat , I have to work today , but later in the day for sunday i'll give it a go, i know it's not rocket science butmy sonandI both shootthese , don't need to blow his head off,, Thanks Mike
Old 03-31-2008, 03:06 AM
Spike

reloaded 75 of the shotshells over the weekend , thanks , i'll have to get out side when i get a chance and test one before i go hunting , Thank Mike
Old 04-10-2008, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

a fun load with them is load them up with 3 #1 buck shot balls. makes a good coyote load.