Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

9MM question answer please

Old 03-04-2008, 09:50 AM
Fork Horn

Default 9MM question answer please

I know the Mackarov 9mm is different than the 9mm luger. The Mack is X18 and the luger is X19 My question is can you use the 9mm dies for the luger to reload for the 9mm Mack? If anyone has a 9mm Mack and reloads for it I would appreciate some reload info My e-mail address is [email protected]
Thanks,
Clay
Old 03-04-2008, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 9MM question answer please

Can't be done. They don't even shoot the same diameter bullets thus the case diameter is different.

http://www.accuratepowder.com/loaddata_caliber_handgun_standard.htm
Old 03-04-2008, 07:33 PM
Fork Horn

Steve, You have been most helpful I appreciate it very much. I just bought this Russian made 9mm Mackarov and know nothing about it. Seems to be fairly well made. Some of the review aren' t bad. I only have a $100 into it so won't lose to much. Sort of want to shoot it and want to use the right ammo so I don't damage it. Thanks again. I suppose dies are pretty hard to find?
Later,
Clay
Old 03-04-2008, 08:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

I suppose dies are pretty hard to find?
https://shop.rcbs.com/WebConnect/,DanaInfo=shop.rcbs.com+MainServlet?storeId=webcon nect&catalogId=webconnect&langId=en_US&amp ;action=ProductDisplay&screenlabel=index&p roductId=2331&route=C09J046N143
Old 03-05-2008, 08:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: skb2706

Can't be done. They don't even shoot the same diameter bullets thus the case diameter is different.

http://www.accuratepowder.com/loaddata_caliber_handgun_standard.htm
Yep. They're both called "9mm", but the Parabellumshoots skinnier bullets than the Makarov -.354" vs .364"...... I think you got a good deal. The Makarov is a very serviceable design. IF you shot .354" bullet in it, it would not damage anything, but accuracy would be pretty poor, I'd think. Speer, and maybe others as well, make .364" bullets specifically for the Makarov round. Looks like the Speers come in 90 and 95 grain.....