Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Wonderlube

Old 02-05-2003, 07:56 AM
Fork Horn

Default Wonderlube

Any experience with this Remington product. It is a teflon spray and my concerns would be case clean-up after the sizing operation. Does this product contaminate the case/powder??

10 Pointers
Old 02-06-2003, 06:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Wonderlube

ANY oil or grease will contaminate primers and powder if it gets on these components. If you use something like this stuff for case sizing, get it all off the cases and your hands before handling primers or powder.

Keep yore powder dry!!
Old 02-10-2003, 08:43 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks Eldeguello
What would be your preferred method of cleaning the cases once the size process was complete. I have seen some mention putting them into the dishwasher??? HUMMMMM I wonder if jetdry would be necessary for the spots? I wpold like to size and clean in lots of 100, then vac-u-seal until I was ready to actually reload. I have close to 500 rounds of 35 Rem. And 300 rounds of 270 (just starting into the 35 Whelen)

10 Pointers
Old 02-16-2003, 06:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rodsmith, I dry the sizing lube off my resized cases with a couple of pieces of paper towel, and then scrub my hands well with dishwashing detergent and hot water. After that, I dry my hands thoroughly with a regular towel, then prime my cases using a priming tool like an RCBS or a press with a primer tube. I use a primer flipper, dump the primers on it right out of the primer box, then put them into the priming feed tube by pressing them into it WITHOUT touching them with my fingers. Avoid touching new primers with even very clean hands, if you can. Touching primers with clean hands probably won' t contaminate them, but I try to eliminate any possible source of a problem when loading hunting ammo!!