Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

Shotgun reloading equipment

Old 07-02-2007, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Shotgun reloading equipment

I have a good friend in the junk business. He told me a year ago that metals were going to go through the roof. I spoke with him last Friday night. He said that in his opinion it is going to go higher, and stay there. I heard that spot lead is $1.35 a pound!!! He is third generation JUNK MAN-his pap told me the same thing.

I have been laying in components for the last 6 months-and sure enough prices have been going up drastically in that time period. As a shooting group(6 of us) we layed in a load of shot, powder, and primers. Wads are next-they have went up the least. We plan on buying more. I will agree that there are some cheap shells at Wally World-but you better go lay a bunch of them in. Shotgun season is around the corner, so get ready.

Relaoding is for some, and not for others. It is strictly your choice. Tom.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:29 AM
Typical Buck

I have a half a bench of shotgun stuff I figured it all out a few years ago steel cost me about $5.63 a box and lead was like $4.40 . If your time is worth any thing at all its not worth loading lead . Unless you hunt in less than 30 degrees all of duck and goose season or live for those $15.00+ nontoxics its not hardly worth it .

If your just looking to build some Tuned performance loads then it is worth it . Carfully selected componats will make a full choke shoot like a imp.cyl and you can get fullish patterns out of a imp.cyl. My best was a steel load that put all 115#B pellets inside 30insat 40yrds it was advertised at 1470fps . Have a trap load that I shoot fordove major confidence booster same gun 30in. circle ay 25 lucky to chip clays at 30 yards .Its like an 1100 fps 1 1/8 oz RXP win209 and Red Dot inwinchester throw a ways . I have a Pacific (aka hornady) Ilike my Mec better with a vernier load bar for steel or lead in 12ga and a sizemaster in 20ga .
Old 07-05-2007, 07:22 PM
Fork Horn

I have a MEC Sizemaster. Works very well.