Community
Reloading Share techniques for reloading, where to get the hottest in reloading equipment and learn how to reload from fellow hunters.

chrony

Old 12-25-2002, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default chrony

About a month ago, I bought an RCBS Rockchucker press, along with dies for .30-06 and .223. I loaded a few and shot them, and then loaded some more. Today I also got to see exactly what they are doing, because I got a chronograph for Christmas. Pretty interesting information. One thing that I did notice was the fact that I have quite large deviations from the average. So I will have to do some more loading and testing. This is great!

P.S. I also got a clay pigeon thrower and a guncabinet for Christmas.

Old 12-25-2002, 08:12 PM

Default RE: chrony

what type of chrony did you get?I'm very interested in purchasing one myself.midway has the shooting chrony and pact brands starting at around $100.oehler's are supposedly what the pros use but are twice as much.happy shooting,enjoy your new toys

desert eagle 50 ae and 440 corbon shooter
Old 12-29-2002, 03:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've used a shooting Crony for several years......and I love it....it's accuracy level is sufficient to tell me what I want to know......it's a great tool for the handloader......now if someone would make a cheap pressure barrel!!!!
Old 12-29-2002, 05:53 AM

the shooting chrony looks like a nice tool.how easy is it to setup?
how far away do you shoot from?how much variation do you get usually between readings?thanks for the replies.

desert eagle 50 ae and 440 corbon shooter
Old 12-29-2002, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

you need to mount the thing on a tripod and it's easy to do.....you want to do so in the shade and you want to mount the thing about ten feet in front of your muzzle.

Get it on a tripod and it's easy to manage!!!

I usually don't care about standard deviation.....I care about groups and if the standard deviation messes with groups, I'll change something!!!